Prizes

Greg B

Late last year, some time after the Vietnam Wars Group Build was confirmed I went on a trip to Vietnam and during my time there after seeing what was on offer, thought that it might be a good idea to pick up some locally themed prizes for the Group Build in addition to any kits that will hopefully be offered up as prizes.

The prizes are for the top 3 builds, and will be 2 items for each winner picked up on that trip, with a little unusual extra added on my return to Borneo.

First up are these badgers, 1 for each of the top 3 builds:

1.jpg

2.jpg

According to the various traders they are all genuine zippo's left behind or lost by US Forces :winkgrin: . Well, if that was the case then every single US serviceman who ever served out there must have lost about 20 each because you could buy them everywhere! However they do look the part and have been purposely aged.

Next up are these snazzy bush hats, the must have fashion accessory for 2011! As before 1 for each of the top 3 builds:

3.jpg

Now, to make them a bit more individual I've had this added to the back of them:

4.jpg

In close up

britmodellercom.jpg

These were specially made for this Group Build and may be used later on on other items as the pattern now exists, but unlike the Zippo's I can guarantee that there are only 3 of these hats in existence (we couldnt get one big enough to fit Mikes Head, I wear a beret and Skii wears a white crash helmet at all times as he is in fact the Stig).

So there you go, a Genuine Zippo and a BM Vietnam GB Hat for each of the top 3 kit builders.

good luck with the builds! :thumbsup: