Gaming Dr Who

Madmonk

These little fellas arrived yesterday, thought I would get something to do whilst I don't have a great deal of space to model in at the moment.

The figures are from an outfit called Heresy Miniatures who produce several rages of 28mm gaming figures. I'm not into that particular thing myself but occasionally come across something that tickles my fancy. I was aware of the 10th Doctor figure they do so thought I would see what else they did and was pleasently suprised to find that they now do a couple of 11th Doctor figures and an assistant. Also in the range is the 9th Doctor.

For reasons best known to themselves there is no reference to Dr Who so let me introduce,

Dr Hugh McCrimmon

IMG_0470.jpg

Nerdlord 1

IMG_0467.jpgIMG_0468.jpg

Nerdlord 2

IMG_0465.jpg

and finally Emily Lake!

IMG_0469.jpg

I am away for a few days from tonight so will start them in anger next week, just thought one or two of you might be interested. The 9th Doctor goes by the name of Malcom Ecclescake.

http://www.heresyminiatures.com/scifi.htm Link to site, go down to Scientists & Civilians.

There was an added bonus in the package when it arrived, a Drumstick lolly, which was greatly appreciated!!

All the best.

Edit due to spelling!

Edited by Madmonk

They look rather interesting. IIRC, there used to be a large range of DW wargaming miniatures in the same scale, including all the popular characters, but it disappeared years ago. These would seem to complement that range quite nicely.

There was an added bonus in the package when it arrived, a Drumstick lolly, which was greatly appreciated!!

Now that's customer service!

These little fellas arrived yesterday, thought I would get something to do whilst I don't have a great deal of space to model in at the moment.

The figures are from an outfit called Heresy Miniatures who produce several rages of 28mm gaming figures. I'm not into that particular thing myself but occasionally come across something that tickles my fancy. I was aware of the 10th Doctor figure they do so thought I would see what else they did and was pleasently suprised to find that they now do a couple of 11th Doctor figures and an assistant. Also in the range is the 9th Doctor.

For reasons best known to themselves there is no reference to Dr Who so let me introduce,

and finally Emily Lake!

IMG_0469.jpg

Emily lake? I get it! haha!

Walrus, yes they are half that size, approx 28mm to the eyes.

Amy Pond - Emily Lake, took me a bit of time too Gruffy.

My intension is to do Hugh & Nerd 1 as individual figures and probably pose Nerd 2 & Miss Lake by a TARDIS, which will have to be scratchbuilt.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on the DW Gaming figures, not much to show as time has been limited due to house move and a crap few weeks at work.

IMG_0478.jpgIMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0476.jpgIMG_0474.jpg

Most have had a first coat of flesh, DT has had the shirt and suit painted and first coats on his coat.

Looking at the pics the flesh wants a better coverage, serves me right for trying to paint on the dining room table with just the lamps on, apparently it is a nicer light!! Will have to find my work lamp from out of one of the boxes.

Any suggestions for painting red heads!

Thanks for looking.

Try an undercoat of Vallejo black then dry brush with Vallejo Flat Earth which is a rich brown colour then mix some orange veering towards a reddy orange and dry brush or streak then add a touch more yellow and dry brush. Sounds complicated; takes a coulpe of minutes.

Hope this helps

• 9 months later...

All is well guys, they are in the same state I'm afraid. Having moved home about 8 months ago they are still in a box somewhere in the spare room, will have to hunt them out at some point soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am not really a figur painter but I have been looking at these figures and wondering if I can do them justice. I have liked the new Who's but would still like to do Tom.

Some other figures out there are a few of the crew of Serenity (but not all of them) and the Scooby Doo gang.

They look very good, looking forward to seeing the finished models

I'm just finishing off a Black Tree Design 25mm Tom Baker and K9 (now finished!), my son has just finished some Daleks (http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.p...topic=234908847)

I'd also recommend the Airfix Tardis if you can find one, here is my one: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=72327

Edited by cjhm