A-7A Corsair II CAG bird VA-56 "Champions"

Alpha Delta 210

Thanks for the comments Smuts and Metallicus.

I have applied the decals to the tanks and fitted them; attached the gear doors and Sidewinders. I'm definitely on the home straight now - just needing to apply some decals to the outside of the nose gear doors and the inside of the main gear doors, plus fitting the ordnance.

a7atanks-1.jpg

a7atanks.jpg

Hi

Thanks for the feedback, Ancient Mariner - the old dog has just driven me to distraction, as I could not get the bombs to fit to the pylons without breaking off a bomb that was previously fixed - aargh! I have decided to take a break and some solace in a nice chilled bottle of Bulmers, before tackling the outboard pylons during "Dancing on Ice"!

a7abombs.jpg

a7abombs1.jpg

Glad you like her, Pompeo.

The construction and decalling phase is now complete. The outboard pylons and bombs weren't quite so problematic! I plan to complete her with another coat of Klear, followed by a thin Raw Umber oil wash to accentuate some of the engraved detail and to blend everything together and tone the colours down a bit. I had hoped to finish her this evening, but I think that I need a break from her now!

a7aallbombs.jpg

a7aallbombs1.jpg

Looking great I can't wait to see her all dirtied up.

I know what you mean about needing a break from a model. I just had to take a break from all the PE with my Cobra's.

Cheers

Brenden

Looking great I can't wait to see her all dirtied up.

I know what you mean about needing a break from a model. I just had to take a break from all the PE with my Cobra's.

Cheers

Brenden

Hi Brenden

I have only dabbled in PE (with moderate success!), so you have my respect!

I hope to "wash" the Corsair tomorrow.

Thanks for your interest.

Hi

I applied a couple of very thin W&N Raw Umber washes yesterday, as I wanted to tone everything down, lift the surface detail and achieve some subtle weathering. Whilst the wash was still wet, I used a cotton bud to streak the grime in the direction of the airflow. I know that it is not very clear in the pictures, but I didn't want her too dirty. I have just applied a coat of W&N Galeria Satin Varnish to finish her off (pictures tomorrow.)

Thanks for looking.

a7awash.jpg

a7awash1.jpg

a7awash2.jpg

a7awash3.jpg

• 3 years later...

All the photos have been deleted from this thread - the notes make it sound like it was a great build- is there anywhere on the web that this model can still be viewed?? I'm planning to start an A-7 project, and would like to see how the various kits - Fujimi, Hasegawa, Hobbyboss- compare----