Close Air Support GB

HI guys, its a go dates set from 30th June running to the 30th September 2012 myself & Bussdriver your hosts.....start planning :frantic:

already got a HS129 a A10 a..............ooh lists endless.

Andy

Hi all and as Andy has already said, we're on! Looking forward to this one and planning has already started.... IL-2, Harrier and maybe a SU-25. THen there's the Phantom and Jaguar that I had already thought about.... Yep, the list is looooooong!!

I will put my name down, as to what I dont know... maybe a JCB (thats a mud-mover isnt it)...... joke.... maybe an Skyraider as i like them (my love of small, over-armed aircraft could do well here)

• 4 months later...

I know it's a long way off, but my interest in Group Builds has gone ballistic today and I'm planning on what to do for each one I've committed to so I just thought I'd take the opportunity to bump this one up and get some interest going!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be interested also. Would an F-14D 'Bombcat' count as close air support? I know they were uses in the CAS and FAC role in Iraq. Also might enter an AAC Apache AH.MK.1, again if that counts!

Cheers

Dave

Edited by DaveJL

I hope to be on board too. Something for my Chaco War collection - Potez XXV, Breguet XIX or Curtiss Cyclone Falcon probably.

Cliff

Does it have to be a jet? If not, I'd like to join in with either a Typhoon (a real one, not that awful pointy thing :wicked:) or a Korean war F4U-4 (always assuming that the Hobby Boss kit has been issued by that time).

Does it have to be a jet? If not, I'd like to join in with either a Typhoon (a real one, not that awful pointy thing :wicked:) or a Korean war F4U-4 (always assuming that the Hobby Boss kit has been issued by that time).

Hi guys, nope its open to all close air/tactical ops from the later stages of the great war to todays ops (even the policing actions of the RAF between the wars).

HTH Andy :cheers:

Hi Dave look at the top its provisional I think.Well I've been perusing the ol stash and decided time permitting to do 3 jets:

2x Mig 27 flogger D's (one Italeri and the other Esci so both actually esci) will set them in an airfield type setting as one of the canopies got missing in some way or the other and my vac machine isnt what it is supposed to be.

1x Revell SU7 will be either egytian or some other African country.(have angola ever used them?)

Hope to start soon!

Regards SME

OH heck forgot to say all in 48th!

Hi Dave look at the top its provisional I think.Well I've been perusing the ol stash and decided time permitting to do 3 jets:

2x Mig 27 flogger D's (one Italeri and the other Esci so both actually esci) will set them in an airfield type setting as one of the canopies got missing in some way or the other and my vac machine isnt what it is supposed to be.

1x Revell SU7 will be either egytian or some other African country.(have angola ever used them?)

Hope to start soon!

Regards SME

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Pencil me in.

I have an F-18A Hornet loaded with 28 Snakeyes in 1/32.

Steve

Show off!

Actually count me in too - possibly an A-10 in 1/48 or a F-15E

Andy

Just had a thought... In 12 months time it will almost be judgement day for the CAS GB! And I know how time flies so get planning and lets start compiling the list, want do you think Andy?