Revell 1/48 Mosquito

Good work... especially as you're a self-confessed novice :thumbsup:

You can see the short undercarriage/big wheel issues, but it doesn't stand out like a sore thumb as I expected it would :)

Thanks all.

To be frank it's not that good from close up. Badly sanded seam on top and couple other things, but it wqaas my first complicated model in years.

Mike: you're right, it's impossible to turn the wheels, they just don't fit there. The struts are too short for them.

greg

Greg,

Very nice result for your second build after returning to the hobby. Well done!!

One observation, if I may, you should remove the 4 aerials sticking down from the bottom of each wing tip. They were part of the night fighter radar installation (where the aerials were above and below the wing tips) and were not fitted on the bomber variant you have modelled.

Once again congrats on a very nice build.

Ian

Nice build of a beautiful iconic aeroplane.

I too have one to build. The u/c doesn't seem wrong although I've heard it is a little short in the kit and the spinners look ok.

Only comment is that if the port aileron is down the other should be up and by more than the down aileron is down. Does that make sense? It's called differential and helps reduce adverse yaw, without it the aircraft would bank one way and the nose would try to go the other requiring more rudder to balance the turn.

Old Speckled Hen helps :elephant:

Andrew

PS It's my fave aeroplane

Edited by andrewfl290

Looks great! Correct me if i'm wrong people but didn't Revell revise the tooling on this kit, to fix the UC. You can tell the revised one because it has different decal options. (sorry can't remember what the decal options were....anyone?)