Im in, Revell 1/72,

Hi Guys

Im in with a post war white Lanc, mk 3 120 sqn, 1949.To my shame, I know very little about Lancasters, but the white ones look very cool, so im going with that. If anybody knows what I have to do to convert the new Revell tooling to one of the post war ones, please help!! I am not really a rivet counter, just basic's, i.e no turrets, etc.

Cheers mate, nice GB (do the 1/24TH one, you know you want to at least start it, ha ha)

Tim

Hi Guys

Im in with a post war white Lanc, mk 3 120 sqn, 1949.To my shame, I know very little about Lancasters, but the white ones look very cool, so im going with that. If anybody knows what I have to do to convert the new Revell tooling to one of the post war ones, please help!! I am not really a rivet counter, just basic's, i.e no turrets, etc.

Cheers mate, nice GB (do the 1/24TH one, you know you want to at least start it, ha ha)

Tim

About time you joined! I'm not starting the big one, don't have all the bits yet. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, time for a an update, well, more of a start really. Now, I asked my nephew (Jack), if he would like to join me with this one, normally my daughter joins me, but we only have lancaster in the house (the scope is fairly narrow on this one,he he) but I know Jack got one for christmas, the revell one, like mine.

Im trying to add pics, but grrr, my computer is being so slow.

This is mine

DSCF0818.jpg

And this Jacks

DSCF0835.jpg

I did what I thought was right in the cockpit area, I basically followed a build from an old sami.

DSCF0825.jpg

I found it went together reallt well, and I have used hardly any filler at all, which is weird, as I know some have had to use quite a bit. I had to run a bit around one nacelle, and over the windows, as they wont be needed, but thats about it.

DSCF0833.jpg

Jack has sprayed his all black, which is prob a better reresentation than mine. He is really good, and its nice to see the next generation at work.

DSCF0837.jpg

Ive sprayed, it with primer now, but im so hacked off with trying to upload pics, I will add them later, along with more from jack.

Cheers

Tim and Jack

• 2 months later...

Have had to have a mad dash to get this done, and unfortunately I forgot to remind Jack it was this weekend, but I will post pics of his kit, when he has finished ( I will try to help him next weekend).

Anyway, pics in finished builds post.

Cheers

Tim

(ps, man, there are some great builds here! Mine was just out the box, with nothing added. I havent stuck the bombay doors on, as I will try and add some ordinance a bit later)