A tad ambitious but I gotta start somewhere (again...)

Graham77

Here is the beast that has lurked in the corner of my workshop for 18 months now waiting to be finished. Since the last time I touched it I have discovered Britmodeller and have plans to clean this up, prime in white and spray the black areas as opposed to the hairy stick effort I have done so far. Plenty of masking and hopefully a fairly swift paint job.

IMG_0604.jpg

And it all in bits

IMG_0605.jpg

The lunar lander is currently just dry fit and awaiting some serious attention

IMG_0606.jpg

But rest assured I have a haynes manual so all will be well

haynes.jpg

I picked one up from Jack in The Box for £29.99 just before Christmas. Was tempted with the New Ware update set, but in the end I'm just going for the CSM block 2 update and the decal set, so I can paint the entire model, and not have those crappy pre printed sections. Yours is looking non too shabby mate, and itll look fab when completed.

Mark

Seeing this I'm kind of tempted to get a Saturn again now, especially after getting an Apollo 11 dvd at Christmas. Used to have the old Airfix Saturn V and Saturn 1B when I was a lad, both long gone now - the Saturn 1B ended up as part of a mk9 Hawk from Space:1999 (built by a mate of mine, think I've seen his website mentioned on here somewhere in the Sci fi section - David Sisson Models).