My KUTA projects....New project added!

richellis

Hi,

Id like to join please!

I have a few on the bench to finish and I need the kick!

As follows,

Revell Airbus A318 in BA livery

Revell Fokker F100 in Air UK livery

Airfix BAC 1-11 in Air Lingus livery

Airfix VC10 in BOAC.

I know I wont do hem all but a bit of a shove on them wont hurt!

Time to dig out and take some piccys!

Edited by richellis

Ive got till the end of feb, and Im off work untill the end of Jan. I know I wont do them all, but it will focus me to at least move these along. As I remembered buying the Fokker f100 at the Cosford Model show 2 years ago, and started it the same day!

Will dig out the camara and take some piccys

Well I took some piccys to load up, but then I couldnt find my camara lead to transfer the pics, last time I saw it.......

In the pile of christmas paper on christmas day! new one is ordered but a dose of the flu is slowing any progress to nil.

New lead has now arrived so some piccys,

VC10

008.jpg

Its an airfix VC10, the latest RAF issue so its had the windows filled, and that hose lump removed from the bottom of the fuselage. A nice set of BOAC decals from twosix are to be used. I have done some work on the wing roots as can be seen in the pic below to loose the "step" that is on the kit.

009.jpg

Its all sanded ready for primer

A318

005.jpg

This is a conversion of the Revell A319 BA kit. Its shortened, and the tail extended 5mm. Its mostly painted just needing a coat of white and the wing Corroguard adding before decaling. I will be useing the kit decals but modified accordingly

006-1.jpg

BAC 1-11

007.jpg

An airfix 1-11 brough as a part built. Was missing the windsheald but its now complete. Im adding my own plasticard gear doors with some streached sprue detail on the UC. Wing fences done in plasticard. It will be done as an AirLingus using some of a spare twosix sheet for windows, and an airfix sheet for the livery! Sanded and ready for primer.

Fokker F-100

004.jpg

This has been on the bench now for about 3 years. I got the decals out to do a TNT 727 and its made me re-start it! I got some replasement UC off a member as Id lost mine in the house move. Primer on, now looking at all the lumps and gaps that need filler and sanding!

Will be done in the AirUK livery!

Well, Ive choped the nose off the 1-11 to replase it as its all wrong! Thrown some filler on the F-100, and some more filler on the VC10!

Need to get some primer and gloss white so I can finish painting the A318.

Ah well!

That's quite an impressive selection you're working on Rich and will make a colourful addition to the line-up when finished. Can't quite choose a favourite yet but that may change as the liveries are applied.

Small updates,

A318

Corroguard painted on now, needs a little touching in,

groupbuilds008.jpg

BAC 1-11

Nose job in progress, I think it looks so much better than the airfix nose. Still a bit rough but some pics,

groupbuilds012.jpggroupbuilds010.jpg

The VC10 has had some primer thrown on and it looks a bumpy mess! and the little Fokker is still in primer, filler stage!

Love to see tat VC10 finished Rich

Ditto, nothing like a BOAC VC10.

Some lovely stuff there though!

Dave

Well Im sorry but I wont be finishing the VC 10 for the GB, I am going to hang on for some BRAZ engines for it. Im not happy with the kit ones so it will be back on the unfinished shelf for a while. I will use this GB to do some work to it and get it moving! I will be looking for another kit so I can get a super conversion as well!

Done some work on the 1-11 nos and its looking better now. Must crack on with the UC doors but Im thinking about an in-flight model with an airfix stand if I can get one!

Morning Rich, now that is absolutely lovely!

I think that the currrent BA livery should be more respected as it is really good, but it's something to do with the fact that it is the remnants of the funny-tailed lot and that this one, Chatham Dockyard, survived to become the national livery.

I love the registration though, G-EUNA. Are all the BA A318s G-EUN? as it is short for Eunuch. i.e. something with a bit missing!! And the A318 sure has got something missing i.e. a few feet! The Air France ones look particularly odd, they look as if they've flown into a wall!

BAs A318s are EUNA and EUNB. I have now done the other windows while the wife watched the NTAs on TV last night. Its strange but I think it looks "right" I just wish that they gave me more N and A letters on the decal sheet as I need to put UNA above the windsheald, and NA on both sides of the tip of the tail, and upto yet the spares box isnt helping!

Ill dig out the paint to touch in the blue, and the red on the tail where I couldnt get the decals to meet nicely.

BTW Busdriver, did you get my PM about the airbus decals?

:partytime:

A318 finished, only needing a wash, it will be done at a later date when I have a few to wash.

Piccys later when the kleer is dry!

F100, primered, sanded and ready to top coat,

1-11 primer on, needs some work before painting!

A318 finished in gallery and RFI in the main aircraft section.

F-100, Gloss white is on and drying. Awaiting decaling! UC painted and ready to fit

1-11, primer and lots of work to go! Must be ready for the Grey tomorrow as Im going to do some painting and want to get all the light Grey done in 1 attack!

Just to add.....

S&M Viscount, together, sanded and primed!

quick pic, got some decals on the fokker,

gb004.jpg

Its going OK, but they didnt end up where I thougt they should and Ive had to chop it around the engine pylons, and as I had the horizontal stabs on , more chopping with the decal as it shold be put on first!

1-11 primer and sanding so no pics! Will get some tomorrow!