realspace models

kspriss

Hi guys.

does anyone know if realspace models resin bits and pieces for rockets are available over this side of the pond from anyone?..im after a resin CSM for my 96th saturn v but the kit is 25 dollars and shipping will add on 30 bucks!

steve

As far as I'm aware no.

I'm pretty sure that even if one was ordering Realspace products from within good ol' Uncle Sam, one would have go direct to Glenn.

I have ordered a number of times with no problem. I not sure he retains everything in stock and some items are made to order.

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk

I've ordered from them in the past with no issues too. Just be aware that if you breach the "free" limit/pittance, you'll possibly be shafted/liable to pay some VAT/import duty and ParcelFarce's cheeky collection fee, which you don't have a legal duty to pay to get your goods - get 'em to invoice you separately and then toss it in the bin if it ever arrives. :angry:

I've been thinking about importing 'space' kits from several manufacturers, but not sure what the demand would be.

I'm sure Mat Irvine would know if he sells to trade, I'll get in touch with him once the Stargazing live event is over.

Have you tried CultTVman. I ordered some New Ware stuff from him, not sure if he stocks Real Space stuff though. His P+p costs are very reasonable, and he has a fair selection. I do know he had the New Ware 1:96 CSM upgrade set fot $9.99 in the other day, and you usually get the goods with 2 weeks

Mark

Edited by chadders

I've been thinking about importing 'space' kits from several manufacturers, but not sure what the demand would be.

I'd be interested in Mercury and Gemini ships in 1/144, to stand alongside the Saturn V, but having checked the costs from the US I've shelved the idea for the time being. I used Sace Model Systems' incredible decals on the Saturn, so I know there are some good products out there but the cost and timescale for delivery are a bit of a hindrance. It would be good if there was enough demand to make selling space race items in the UK worthwhile. Hopefully there are enough of us of that 'certain age' to make it worthwhile.

Cheers,

Paul

I'd be interested in Mercury and Gemini ships in 1/144, to stand alongside the Saturn V...

Have you considered New Ware? They make excellent 1/144 Mercury Redstone and Mercury Atlas kits. Being in Czechoslovakia, they may be easier to get.

New Ware

Peter

Have you considered New Ware? They make excellent 1/144 Mercury Redstone and Mercury Atlas kits. Being in Czechoslovakia, they may be easier to get.

New Ware

Peter

Thanks Peter. There's enough there to keep me going for... put it this way, I just had visions of a shuttle docking with the ISS. I might well try one of their Mercury offerings, that's really tempting.

Cheers,

Paul

Thanks Peter. There's enough there to keep me going for... put it this way, I just had visions of a shuttle docking with the ISS. I might well try one of their Mercury offerings, that's really tempting.

Cheers,

Paul

If you look at New Ware's model photo page, and search for Peter, you'll see several of my builds.

An excellent source for space kit info is Sven Knudsen's Scale Models site. He has a section called Quick Looks, in-box reviews that show all the parts. Here's the New Ware Mercury Atlas as an example.

You may also want to join the Yahoo Space Modelers Group. Glenn from RealSpace Models and Sven are the moderators, and Tomas from New Ware also hangs out. We're a crazy bunch, but it's fun :)

Peter

Your welcome Steve.

I,m going to order myself when i get the car, tv and a new monitor fixed all went kaput in last

month LOL.

I would like the New Ware kits but the options for ordering from New Ware the last time i looked they had

no way of using cards which was secure.

Cult TV are always tempting but the dealing friends have had they always get hit by customs and parcel force

and that bumps the price up.

Strange i have spent a fortune on resin fantasy kits from Hong Kong in the last six months and never

been hit and these kits were heavy.

I would like the New Ware kits but the options for ordering from New Ware the last time i looked they had

no way of using cards which was secure.

They accept Paypal.

Cult TV are always tempting but the dealing friends have had they always get hit by customs and parcel force

Urban myth, I have been ordering from Cult for donkey years and it's no different than ordering from any other overseas dealer.

Marty...

Edited by marty_hopkirk

"Urban myth, I have been ordering from Cult for donkey years and it's no different than ordering from any other overseas dealer."

Do you get hit by customs regularly ? or is it some do some don`t

I just checked New ware they have now added PayPal so that opens up some options.

Never fancied sending Credit Card details plus cvv code by email or fax .

Last year I put 2 orders into CultTVman in as many days. 1 order was for some decals, then I got a preorder notice the next day for some kits, so I added a few more kits to that order. Both lots turned up on the same day. The small letter with the decals in was held at the post office for VAT/parcel force charges. The mahooosive box with all the kits in came straight to me with no charges. So you just pays ya money and hope

Mark

Cult is elling the large Seaview for $89 (£57) plus post. Comet Miniatures are selling the same kit for £119 ($185), again plus post. Even with air shipping and customs it's got work out cheaper sourcing it from Cult.

If one is not picked up by our friends at C&E, one is going to make off like a bandit.

Marty...