Hunter Plans

Paul Bradley

As a basis, I'd go for the decal placement drawings in the Echelon kit. One check, to always carry out, is to measure the aileron; if it tapers, by more than an inch, you can't trust the drawings. Sadly, it's one thing that Revell got wrong in the kit; I've no idea why.

Edgar

I can't think of any Hunter plans that I'd confidently regard as 100 percent accurate. Like most aircraft, such plans really don't exist. Ultimately, 99 percent of the plans you see are simply educated guesses and interpretations made by the artist. Golden rule to remember at all times (and I do wish kit reviewers would remember this) - scale plans are not blueprints!

I can't think of any Hunter plans that I'd confidently regard as 100 percent accurate. Like most aircraft, such plans really don't exist. Ultimately, 99 percent of the plans you see are simply educated guesses and interpretations made by the artist. Golden rule to remember at all times (and I do wish kit reviewers would remember this) - scale plans are not blueprints!

That's been my mantra, as a kit reviewer for some 10 years now......however, I need a starting point and would like opinions as to which are the best.......

Watch the ones in the Warpaint - like most Hunter plans they have the leading edge dog tooth on later aircraft far too far inboard

Thanks Dave! Who drew them?

As a basis, I'd go for the decal placement drawings in the Echelon kit.

Thanks Edgar - you wouldn't happen to have a scan available.....? :whistle:

hear hear.....|Tim, well said

Some other very common mistakes on plans (and kits come to that) are,

• - aileron trim tabs on both wings (should be port wing only)
    - de-icer filler panel on both sides of the nose (should be port side only), similarly for external hood jettison window
    - aircraft destructor access hatch on both sides of the nose (again, should be port side only)
    - cabin de-pressurisation valve outlet on both sides (should be on starboard side only)
    - prototypes (e.g. WB188 and WB195) and F.3 (WB188) with same canopies as production Hunters (pre-production aircraft had shorter hoods but nobody ever seems to pick that up)

Edited by StephenMG

Hi All

A lot has been said about the Echelon Hunter drawings. This will give the plans and build of the said model:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~designer/models/hunt...2/hunter-e1.htm

Jeff