This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
moaning dolphin

HMS Eagle 1:700 Fujimi

Greetings

I bought this kit several years ago and didn't progress past the flight deck for years until resurrected earlier in the spring. She is almost finished, just a little rigging and an Air Arm required. She will get some Venoms, seahawks and Whirlwinds in due course. Straight from the box with PE from Gold Medal Models generic UK carrier set. Very nice set of PE. The supplied air wing of Sea fires, Gannets and Wessex were quickly confind to the spare box! The colour instructions were in black and white and also Japanese so took my references from an Ark Royal cut away supplied by Navy News which was a great help and used a bit of imagination. The Green is a Fiat green from Halfords and the other paint was from Humbrol

Enjoy

Cheers now

Bob

029.jpg

031.jpg

033-1.jpg

035-1.jpg

As Phil has said, great build. You've done a very nice job on a wonderful ship.

I bet one of the other Companies will hear are cries and answer our wishes,with Academy bring out the Queen Elizabeth class Battleship ,its success could spark ,more British warships,well can dream

Edited by Chris Hewitt

On 12/31/2010 at 3:01 PM, moaning dolphin said:

She will get some Venoms, seahawks and Whirlwinds in due course. .... The supplied air wing of Sea fires, Gannets and Wessex were quickly confind to the spare box! =

Congrats! And just a little question - where can you get the 1/700 Sea Venoms and Seahawks from?

The Fujimi idea of mixing the 1950 Seafires (retired from FAA before the Eagle commission) and Sea Furies (also never used operationally from the Eagle deck) with the 1960s Wessex and Gannets is totally crazy.

Cheers

Michael

Edited by KRK4m
misprint found

9 hours ago, KRK4m said:

Deleted (doubled post)

Edited by KRK4m
doubled post

4 hours ago, Paul Bradley said:

White Ensign have an extensive range of 1/700 a/c including Seahawks and Sea Venoms. 

I regret to say - cannot find anything in 1/700 neither at WEM site nor at the Sovereign Hobbies :(

Cheers

Michael

Hmmm, it appears the 'new' White Ensign doesn't make those any more.....  a shame, as they had some useful stuff in their 1/700 range.