Albatros DV Lt Wolf

bertrande2c

A small point to watch out for on the WNW Albatros DV and DVa, the 8 fusilage bulkheads are a very precise fit, even a coat of paint can make them not fit properly, so when you try to put the 2 fusilage halves together you are left with a gap, it's a case of test fitting with each step you build. HTH

Cheers

Pete

Here are more pictures of the fuselage which is almost done, just have to close eveything now!

PICT0315.jpg

PICT0312.jpg

PICT0311.jpg

PICT0317.jpg

PICT0318.jpg

PICT0319.jpg

I added some exta cables coming from the stick and rudder pedals and some wiring on different elements. I'm quite happy with the wood effect on all structures...

I closed the fuselage and started painting it. After doing the red and green tail and the yellow and grey band, I first spayed a coat of white

AlbatrosDV21.jpg

AlbatrosDV22.jpg

I then reproduced the wood panels

AlbatrosDV20.jpg

AlbatrosDV19.jpg

AlbatrosDV18.jpg

AlbatrosDV23.jpg

I shot a second coat this time with nearly tranparent off white not to completely cover the wood effect

Now was time to put on the hundred lozange masks which took me 2 days of work before finally paint the blue

AlbatrosDV27.jpg

AlbatrosDV29.jpg

AlbatrosDV30.jpg

AlbatrosDV28.jpg

• Like 1

To answer everyone, I simply used a regular grey pencil, drawing over a gunze matt white coat. No sealing was used then, I applied the masks directly on it and painted the bavarian blue. It seems easy, but it's a long job drawing, masking and painting this babe!

Sorry again for my English, not easy for me here to discuss with you guys... :)

To answer everyone, I simply used a regular grey pencil, drawing over a gunze matt white coat. No sealing was used then, I applied the masks directly on it and painted the bavarian blue. It seems easy, but it's a long job drawing, masking and painting this babe!

Sorry again for my English, not easy for me here to discuss with you guys... :)

écrivez alors en français :winkgrin:

I've got to echo the comments of the others - the wood grain effect with the pencil is masterful :worthy: The masking is excellent - you must have the patience of a saint! :)

This is a stunning build mate, I still can't believe the detail on the engine. :clap2:

Deacon

Well I had the privilege of seeing this model first hand a couple of nights ago at a meeting of Bertrand's model club in Lorient (thanks for the invite and welcome, Bertrand!). I thought it looked excellent in the photos, but "in the flesh" it is a masterpiece in progress! The subtlety of the remaining wood graining beneath the paintwork has to be seen to be believed; Bertrand is a true artist!

Thanks Rowan for your comment! You'll be the first to see it finished. I tried the decals and they are really perfect. Pictures to come .

For now here are the finished wheels (just a 2 hours airbrush and oil job)

AlbatrosDV31.jpg

The underside is completed and varnished

AlbatrosDV33.jpg

AlbatrosDV32.jpg

I just begun the upper camouflage of green and mauve

AlbatrosDV34.jpg

and then applied masks for further weathering

AlbatrosDV35.jpg