The Deanflyer Collection 2010

Deanflyer

I was quite amazed when I added up this year's output that it was higher than last year's, standing at 10 completed models. All the time I've spent away from home and with several very long term projects being done, I'd have thought it'd have been my worst years for ages. Still, there you go.

In chronological order, first up is the Revell 1/32 F-14 Tomcat built completely OOB:

tom5.jpg

tom10.jpg

Then it was a Tamiya 1/48 Spitfire built as a MkII from my Dad's old squadron, 501:

sp5w.jpg

sp2w.jpg

I joined in with the Airfix Starter Kit Group Build with a 1/72 Harrier. All that could be used was the paints in the kit, no filler, nothing. Here's mine after a coat of varnish after the GB ended. This wasn't one of my best results, and was pressed into the hands of a passing child at the Cosford Show, as I had no intention of keeping it:

harmatt.jpg

harmatt2.jpg

I had a moment of madness (no, really?) when I built the Revell 1/32 Venom as a Work In Progress demonstrator, showing all the main construction phases of a model on the one airframe:

venom2.jpg

venom6.jpg

Then I went back to normality with a Trumpeter 1/48 Sea Hawk:

seaI.jpg

seaD.jpg

Then I did a bit of silliness again for advertising purposes for Geoff Coughlin's web based magazine, converting one of his giveaway stress balls into an aeroplane:

stress1.jpg

stress2.jpg

A narrative build was done for the same web mag of the Special Hobby Fiat BR20 Cigogna in 1/48 scale:

cicogna2.jpg

cicogna3.jpg

Group Build time again, this time the What If? GB. This was a 1/72 Merlin engined Canberra which went on to win the GB poll:

merlinfinished1.jpg

merlinfinished8.jpg

Then it was time to make amends for my Canberra blasphemy with a serious build of the Airfix 1/48 Canberra PR9, built to show off Mike Reeves' resin replacement tail parts:

new1.jpg

new5.jpg

And then squeezed in at the last minute, a Tamiya 1/24 Mazda MX5, built as a well used and abused 1991 example:

mx514.jpg

mx511.jpg

So that's the year's output from me. Here's to next year!

Cheers,

Dean