The what did santa bring you thread.

brewerjerry

Hi All,

Thought this may be approriate for any to post/boast about the new arrivals.

cheers

Jerry

Very generous this year.

Roden 1/48 DH-4 Sunbeam Arab engine

Revell 1/72 M60 A3 with dozer blade

At least one other model still under the tree which I'm not allowed to open until my daughter gets here :-(

....and the usual book vouchers, clothing, books etc (but the models are the most important, and have been for 47 years)

Shane

Santa bought himself a new Airfix 109E that finally came in to Hobbyland.

Looks nice, finally have the African 109E markings to use...that stupid squadron badge has eluded me for nearly two decades!

Now to spend The weekend building Legos with Sean and Jack, maybe I'll finally finish the tracks on my Trumpy KV-2 if I have any spare time

Modelling wise nothing, but a new book about Cobber Kain shows promise for a build, some good info in it re serials & markings & a lot of good pics. A super book but from what I've seen so far very poignant in some ways, so much potential, so much waste but then thats war. Ooops, getting maudlin, must be the fizz (just finished a lateish Chrissy lunch/dinner) As for models, santa calls on me any day of the year he likes, now I have my own hobby account. :)

Steve.

I can finaly progress some of my "WIP's" as I have a new Iwata airbrush courtesy of my Dad (I had a mishap with my old - 20 year old - Devilbiss Sprite), and thanks to my 2 dogs I have a new braided hose to go with it! ;) They were also kind enough to trade their dog biscuits for an Airfix Red Arrows Hawk.

My wife was good enough to get me the Model Alliance decals for a grey and white Nimrod MR1, so I can finally finish one the way it supposed to be!

Merry Christmas to all!

Many of the remaining World Air Power Journals and International Air Power Reviews to complete the collection, and inbound from the States is a Schneider Trophy paperback and the history of the Spitfire in Israeli Air Force Service, perfect for future planned builds of Israeli Spitfires. Also got the Luftaffe BOB build book by Brett Green from my sister. Very bookish Xmas I do say!

Kev C from OZ

Modelling related - Xuron 9180ET professional PE scissors, Xuron 2175ET professional sprue cutters and four extra knife handles plus three books - 'Meteor from the Cockpit' (Peter Caygill), 'Flying the Buccaneer' (same author) and SEPCAT Jaguar Tactical Support & Maritime Strike Fighter' (Martin Bowman). I like flight sims too and having played with DCS Black Shark for a year I've now been given the cash for DCS A10C Warthog although it's only out in beta form at the moment and I'm going to wait for the finished product (hopefully before Easter!!!).

Brian :footy:

Well I don't ask anyone to get me kits for Christmas, as I tend to buy enough of them myself throughout the year. :)

So, I got loads of blu-rays.

The Pacific, The Bourne Trilogy, Battle of Britain, Sherlock (new Beeb one), Gladiator: directors cut and Watchmen special edition.

Also got The Force Unleashed II on X-Box 360.

Should be enough to keep me going over Crimbo. :hypnotised:

wife got me an airfix sea vixen from my local modelzone :speak_cool: (5 minutes walk away!!) and a jaguar which seems to be lost to the royal mail carpet monter :raincloud: !!

kids got me a 1/32ns german tornado(will be converted to a brit jet ,possibly f3)

santa got me naff all?

Model-wise an Airfix Sea-Vixen (of course, I made enough noise about it in front of the family!) and about 60 quid in Modelzone vouchers!

My sister, who has always dressed me better than I ever could, popped for a very sharp and pricey looking Jeff Banks leather jacket but my coolest present this year is a tiny infra-red controlled RC helicopter that has already made mincemeat of the Christmas decorations, I can't wait to camo it and start terrorising the cat! :evil_laugh:

My sister, who has always dressed me better than I ever could, popped for a very sharp and pricey looking Jeff Banks leather jacket but my coolest present this year is a tiny infra-red controlled RC helicopter that has already made mincemeat of the Christmas decorations, I can't wait to camo it and start terrorising the cat! :evil_laugh:

Now that sounds fun.

On the kit front I got an Airfix Sea Vixen, Sea King AEW2 and the Mossie/262 Dogfight Double. The superb Barracuda Spitfire cockpit update and seat are welcome additions to the already impressive Tiya kit. I also got some tools and a brace of books, The Making of Star Wars and the hilaious Simples Life.

Tony :clif:

Santa bought me EXACTLY what i asked for this year! :winkgrin:

Airfix Vulcan - to do in anti-flash white (when decals arrive)

Airfix Sea Vixen - need i say more? :)

Italeri 1/48 F-16 Special - Loved that Italian scheme at Waddo this year!

Thats it for the models I think........and received 'Empire Of The Clouds' :)