HMS Montgomery

keefr22

Is it really Christmas Eve already??!!

Oh well, suppose I'd better bite the bullet & dig the kit out. Together with the ever so scary photo etch sheet!! And some itsy bitsy teeny weeny crew figures from L'Arsenal. How I'm going to paint them when I can't even see them I have no idea!!

Anyway, the 'obligatory' box shot;

002-2.jpg

And this is whats hiding inside. Oh dear, what have I let myself in for.....

004-5.jpg

As I say, waaaaay outside my comfort zone. Last time I built a ship it was also an Airfix one. The Bismark if I remember correctly. In about 1970.Took about 3 hours......

So, we'll have a go, but don't be surprised if HMS Montgomery should morph into a Coastal Command B-17 or Wellington or Liberator. Or something!! Won't actually be able to do much for the next week or so, so until then,

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

TTFN

Keef

Edited by keefr22

• 2 weeks later...

OK, well even though I really want to build this thing, I was a bit dubious with all that p.e. that I would ever be able to finish it. So I've been 'practising' with some old frets that I had lying about, trying to get the hang of using a folding tool - & getting no-where. The final straw came this afternoon where I've just about managed to fold & stick together a 1/72nd jet's HUD frame. And that only needed two 90degree bends! It doesn't help when arthritic fingers don't want to work properly in the winter! So, I'm knocking this one on the head.

Instead, I'm going to do something I'm much happier with & that there should be a fair chance I can finish by the deadline, either a Coastal Command Liberator or Fortress. I have both a Hasegawa B-24D & J in stock, & a friend found a cheap Academy B-17E for me that should be here by next week. So when that arrives I'll decide which one to do & start a new thread!

K

Pity Keef - was looking forward to seeing this one come together.

Hopefully you'll pick it up again?

Iain

Hi Iain,

Yes, I still want to build it, in fact I've stuck the hull together to waterline it! But I just want to do it at my own pace & put it down when I can't be bothered with the p.e. anymore! I just feel that I'll completely ruin it if trying to build it to a deadline, especially as we have two club competitions that I'll have to build something for in the same timeframe as the GB! Rest assured that when (if!) it gets finished I'll post pics on here!!

Thanks for the comment.

Keef