U-Boot! Typ VIIc

Fifer54

Spotted this little beauty in my local MuddleZone, and thought of this GB!

005.jpg

Should be eligible, I think..

004.jpg

And that's my first entry for this GB! Building OOB and as usual :deadhorse: !

Edited by MadNurseGaz

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found enough time over the festive period to make a start on this. Four components go together to

make up the hull and the forward planes, which is now sitting on the stand like this.

uboat001.jpg

Another three parts go to form the conning tower/sail/whatever you want to call it.

uboat004.jpg

The propellors and steering mechanism go on...........

uboat002.jpg

Just waiting for the rudders, and then the painting can start............

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks, Dave. It is a nice little kit, good fit, goes together easily, wee bit fiddly adding the "railings"(? terminology),

but OK once you suss it out. Assembly of parts completed, she now looks like this

BoA1102001.jpg

BoA1102003.jpg

BoA1102002.jpg

U-96 is taking shape!

• 1 month later...
Yep, looking nice and menacing, good to see another sub! How are you finding the 1:350 scale, fiddly or ok? Take some more pictures, maybe a bit closer, so we can see her in all her glory! :)

J.

I'd give some more pix, but my compact camera isn't up to coming in too close, I'm using the macro setting as it is. Also my workmanship won't stand such close scutiny....

Coming along nicely Gaz...are you keeping the OOB railings or going to create some with brass wire perhaps?

Strictly OOB!

I'd give some more pix, but my compact camera isn't up to coming in too close, I'm using the macro setting as it is. Also my workmanship won't stand such close scutiny....

Well, I build all my models to the 'LGFD' method ( Looks Good From a Distance )! ;) That said, that's not so much through choice as through lack of skills! But do post some more pics, whether up close or not, as it's always good to see good models! :)

J.

Yeah but lets not start with the Colour of the Laughing Sawfish Can of worms to say the least

Watching :popcorn: with interest as Mine is at the Priming stage and I damaged one of the railings and the netcutter removing from the sprue

and boy did I find the rudders and fins fiddly, got there in the end though

Shes a lovely little model though yours looks really good hope mine looks half as good :thumbsup:

Edited by whitestar

• 3 weeks later...

Right, I'm calling this one finished! Here she is...

U-96001.jpg

More images in the gallery, and that concludes my involvement in the Battle of the Atlantic GB!

It's been fun!