Bloch MB 152

spitfire

Nope but the grey sure does look like AMT-11 !!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Den

Oh no, not the dreaded AMT-11/AMT-12 controversy! Den, on a more serious note, at least on my monitor the undersides blue looks alot like RLM 65. All in all, an attractive paint scheme.

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason, yes the underside colour does look like RLM 65, it's actually FS35414, I went with it because in the end the majority of my references recomended it, however on some paint chips the colour is a more grey than blue/grey colour, but I like it as it is.

Cheers

Den

Time to post up the final episodes from this long running saga, unfortunately I managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, it jusy needed a coat of XDSS (satin varnish) and attach all the bits and bobs and she could be placed in the display cabinet, sadly the coat hanger holder I had made up was not up to the task and she plummeted from a great height onto my study floor.

This was the result;

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

At this stage I nearly gave up but I'm glad that I carried on, repairs in progress, first job lots of CA and clamps, masking tape to protect the surrounding paint and a rub down with some sanding sponges.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers

Den

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Paint repairs, on with the Gris Bleu Fonce (X125)

spacer.png

spacer.png

Masked off for the Chocolat.

spacer.png

Chocolat and Kaki airbrushed, unfortunately I had been too enthusiastic on the sanding and there is now a groove in the wing root, but I decided not to redo everything.

spacer.png

With another coat of XDSS all is well and ready for all those small fiddly bits.

Cheers

Den

Edited by spitfire
Replaced Photobucket photos
  • Like 2

I spent last night and tonight doing the fiddly bits, the undercarriage is a bit odd, I have just re read a build of the same kit from MM, and I could have saved myself some grief by using the information in it, the undercarriage seems to be a tad too long, and there is no way of fitting the retraction piston thingy into the wheel well properly, so just like the build review I just glued the end onto a strake in the well. Plus I must say that I cannot remember why I painted the wheel wells Chamois, they should really be the underside colour I think (now), the destructions say light grey just to confuse the issue.

I could not find a pitot tube so made one up, and made up some machine gun barrels as well, a smattering of well thinned Xtracolor Exhaust and that was it, finished, end, in the cabinet with it.

Actually I am very pleased with the end result and it is one of my favourites (at the moment).

Here's the pics, I will have to take one of the undersides sometime too.

Cheers

Den

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Odd angle of the undercarriage, as per the diagram in the instructions

spacer.png

Edited by spitfire
Replaced Photobucket photos
  • Like 1

Great work there, Den! No doubt you're the first one on your block with a 1/32nd scale MB 152 (probably the first one in your county!). Glad to see you recovered from your mishap and finished the model (I had a similar mishap with a nearly finished Manchester conversion that I'm still trying to fix just to get back to where I was before disaster struck).

Regards,

Jason

This is going to sound a little unfortunate but upon seeing the crash scene got to admit I felt a pang of emotion for you as if it was my own model that had suffered the hard landing. Great work on saving her Den, stunning finished product, thank you for sharing your progress :goodjob:

Thanks for the kind words guys, I seem to be building more and more AZUR/Special Hobby kits, they pick such interesting subjects.

Cheers

Den

Edited by spitfire

Nice work Den good to see it finished.

You can display it on the French Sig stand if you wish at shows it will be more than welcome.

Mined this year at SMW is only Mirages so will have to wait till after SMW 2011.

Pop over to the stand at SMW for a chat in Hall 2, mite even get to chat about 750's !! :lol:

See ya Paul

Nice work Den good to see it finished.

You can display it on the French Sig stand if you wish at shows it will be more than welcome.

Mined this year at SMW is only Mirages so will have to wait till after SMW 2011.

Pop over to the stand at SMW for a chat in Hall 2, mite even get to chat about 750's !! :lol:

See ya Paul

Hi Paul,

Yes I sure will pop over and see you at SMW, was out on the Honda on Friday, really enjoyable.

Cheers

Den

• 1 year later...

Bravo on the three builds!
So cool. I also love all those French fighters & it's great to see that you have done a triplet!
1/32 scale might be good for someone like me... my eyesight is not as it was 10 years ago. But on the other hand as I can see these kits are still in very short run style compared to majority of 1/48 kits of the same age even from similar producers. Also I guess 1/32 pulls you in more detailing & corrections than smaller scales do, or I might be mistaken

6 minutes ago, Milos Gazdic said:

Bravo on the three builds!
So cool. I also love all those French fighters & it's great to see that you have done a triplet!
1/32 scale might be good for someone like me... my eyesight is not as it was 10 years ago. But on the other hand as I can see these kits are still in very short run style compared to majority of 1/48 kits of the same age even from similar producers. Also I guess 1/32 pulls you in more detailing & corrections than smaller scales do, or I might be mistaken

Thank you for the kind words Milos, I usually build in threes to a theme, at the moment I am on my third Pacific Coast Model RAF subjects, again all in 1/32 scale, and yes it can get quite detailed but is definately more suited to my sausage sized fingers.

Cheers

Dennis

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Good recovery Den - I hate to see kits go in the bin :yes:

Same here Mike, no matter how bad they are I make a point of tryng my best to recover them, this one turned out to be one of my favourites.

Cheers

Den

• Like 1