My year in Models - 2010

Mark

Has it really been a year already? Are we really in the final fortnight of 2010?

I’ve had a great year and quite possibly the best ever in all areas of my life, but especially with regards to modelling. Hanging out amongst these hallowed forums has provided me with some great inspiration and I’ve made a few mates along the way.

So how was my modelling year? Well, they’ve all been shown here before but here is my annual output for 2010.

I moved over to Spain with work in November 2009, so the first one off of the new workbench in January 2010 was this little gem. It’s the Academy HA-1112 ‘Buchon’ in 1/48th as operated by the Spanish Air Force in the 1950s.

P1020077.jpg

There then followed a plethora of airliners.

Airfix 1/144th Vickers VC-10 with replacement resin engines from BraZ and TwoSix decals.

DSC_0152.jpg

Airfix 1/144th DeHavilland Comet 4B with TwoSix decals.

DSC_0186-1.jpg

Revell’s 1/144th BAC/Aerospatiale Concorde as flown by British Airways and Singapore Airlines for a brief period in 1976 on a code-shared route between Heathrow and Changi Airport in Singapore. Decals once again are by TwoSix.

DSC_0198.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

They don’t come much more colourful than this! Skyline Models 1/144th Boeing B737-300 with Daco’s Western Pacific ‘The Simpsons’ decals.

DSC_0221.jpg

Now there are not many pilot figures in 1/144th but I had to have a pilot for the B737 and what better choice than Bart himself! This is the Heller kit and the uniform was scratch built! Incidentally, the skateboard is actually easyJet Orange! I just wanted to see how Xtracolour's X324 went on as I need to do an easyJet A319 next year.

DSC_0243-1.jpg

It was back a few years for the next one and this, one of my favourite airliners of all time, was a sheer joy to finish. It is Welsh Model’s 1/144th Airspeed Ambassador in the livery of BKS Air Transport.

DSC_0003-1.jpg

I had always wanted to complete models of the various aircraft I had flown and that was the inspiration for doing this, Revell’s Fokker 100, in the livery of Royal Brunei Airlines.

DSC_0644-1.jpg

Next on the list were the Airbusses, starting with the A319 in Iberia’s retro scheme. This kit is the Revell kit and decals, once again, are from TwoSix.

DSC_0696.jpg

I had always wanted to do an A330-200 conversion and, as I was with them for eight years, complete it in Emirate’s scheme.

The conversion was straight forward using Revell’s A330-300 kit and the specific -200 parts were supplied by BraZ, who also make the RR Trent engines.

DSC_0746.jpg

Then it all got a bit serious...!

This is Revell’s A340-300, well some of it is! The majority of this mammoth project is the BraZ A340-600 conversion set in resin and finished in the livery of Virgin Atlantic.

DSC_0741.jpg

So what’s next? Well, I think that the airliners are going to take a back shelf for a while (apart from my A319 in easyJet colours!) and here’s a teaser of what I am doing right now…

DSC_0002-1.jpg

So, I’d like to wish you and your loved ones a wonderful Christmas and may Santa bring you all the Sea Vixens that you wished for!

Merry%20Christmas.jpg

Edited by Busdriver