My builds for 2010

Lightningboy2000

Not many to show for myself this year, it seems that they are getting finished less frequently than years gone by, but I have got a large back log that still needs completing. TF104G - RAF P51D - RAF P51 Mk1 - Academy P38 - Revell Mk.2c Hurricane. I do have a habit of starting a kit, getting all the insides done and painted, fuselage wings etc in place, then I have a habit of starting another then go back to each one implementing the color schemes - bit by bit.

Some of you may have guessed that I don't go in much for showing my builds, I know I should, but I tend to find all that laborious, plus I focus more on taking photos of the real thing instead.

Another reason why they take so long is that I brush paint everything instead of spraying. One day I'll set up a spray booth in the shed!

1/72 AZ Mk.1 Hurricane "Josef Frantisek"

HawkerhurricaneMk1d.jpg

HawkerhurricaneMk1b.jpg

HawkerhurricaneMk1c.jpg

HawkerhurricaneMk1a.jpg

1/72 Academy Super Etendard Arctic Tiger & Eduard cockpit set.

DassaultSuperEtendardc.jpg

DassaultSuperEtendardd.jpg

DassaultSuperEtendardb.jpg

DassaultSuperEtendard.jpg

1/72 Hasegawa F4U-1D Corsair using the Airfix FAA decals

HasegawaF4U-1D.jpg

HasegawaF4U-1Dc.jpg

HasegawaF4U-1Dd.jpg

HasegawaF4U-1Db.jpg

1/72 The Revell F.Mk.6 converted into a Swiss T.68, using the PJ Productions resin cockpit/nose conversion set.

HawkerHunterT689.jpg

HawkerHunterT685.jpg

HawkerHunterT686.jpg

HawkerHunterT687.jpg

Roll on next years new builds, new kits, hopefully a decent summer and as many airshows & model shows as possible!!!!! :)

Thanks for looking & Happy Christmas!

Martin

Edited by Lightningboy2000

Ah, you've grabbed both my head and my heart here! The head says the Super Etendard, what a beautiful aircraft and what a great scheme you've done her in! But the heart says the Corsair and the two seat Hunter. I absolutely love that last photo! Great work and see you in 2011!!

Edited by Busdriver

Ah, you've grabbed both my head and my heart here! The head says the Super Etendard, what a beautiful aircraft and what a great scheme you've done her in! But the heart says the Corsair and the two seat Hunter. I absolutely love that last photo! Great work and see you in 2011!!

Cheers for the comment, most appreciated, the Etendard really grabbed my attention after spotting some pics somewhere then when the decals came out, I just had to give it a go. I've done the spotty Jag, now this, next will be the two other Rafale B tiger schemes one of which is the Arctic tiger scheme from 2007. Oh and I'm really keen on tackling that Marivox Saab 105 in the Austrian tiger scheme!

Thanks again

Martin

Edited by Lightningboy2000