Out Of the Box (OOB) GB

Hosts:

Peter Marshall

Graham77

Date:

17th of April to the 4th of June

Rules for the Out of the Box Group Build:

1) The kits should be unstarted before the start of the build

2) No purchased aftermarket components can be added (see rule 4)

3) Scratch building can be added but try to keep it minor (e.g. adding belts), however we won't disallow anything

4) Aftermarket / Replacement decals will be allowed if cleared first with a Mod (this is to allow people with missing / very common decals to have another option)

The whole aim of this group build is having fun, and for people to finish a kit with the support and encouragement of everyone else in the build regardless of skill level, or interest area.

We really don't want to see kit's from here in KUTA IV at the end of the year !

Edited by Mish
Rules added

• 4 weeks later...

I might participate depending on what's elbowing its way onto the bench at the time :) I'm going to stop trying to type now before I wear out the DEL button :boom:

OOH! Can I come? Never done a group build before, and due to uni commitments can't usually model to deadlines, BUT: This one I could do: most of my modelling time is scratchbuilding so cutting this out would save time and energy!

Big question is though: how strict are you on "unstarted"? I have a HobbyBoss Typhoon IB that I can't decide what to do with (it'd be ideal for this), but I have done some minor stuff: etched one or two access panels and sanded down the radiator housing a bit... :whistle:

I have also got some aftermarket stuff for it but I can use this elsewhere...

• 2 weeks later...

Found this oldie from "The Lindberg Line". I have no idea from what year this kit is.It says 1/4 scale.I assume that's 1/48 th.

262.jpg

The decals are gone.So I will use some from my spares-box.

Edited by Erwin

I only have one kit in my entire stash that doesn't have any aftermarket parts in the box...

So if I may join in I'll be building this:

TAM32524m.jpg

I won't be able to start until 9th May but that still leaves me plenty of time.