Post your finished Lancasters here !

"A post for Lancasters?

"I'll throw mine into the fold, seen here before but no harm in repeating.

1/48 Diorama of PD259 463 Sqn RAF Waddington, This model now resides with the remains of the real aircraft in the heritage center at RAF Waddington"

How very evocative. My father surved as a Navigator on 463 squadron flying out of Waddington. His aircraft was Nick the Nazi Neutraliser LM130-1.jpg

I made the model from an Airfix kit some years ago, and will try and photo it for inclusion on this thread.

happy New Year to all.

Mike

• Like 2

Hi Mike

My father surved as a Navigator on 463 squadron flying out of Waddington. His aircraft was Nick the Nazi Neutraliser

Several years ago I made a model of Nick using a home made noseart decal. I spoke to the rear gunner, who at the time lived in Blackpool but was from Leeds. There is a commercially availabledecal sheet for LM130 but they got the colour wrong. I did e-mail them but as far as I know no correction sheet was issued. I have located the spot where I think Nick crashed, near Metheringham, and hope to go there next spring. Ever since I saw a picture of Nick in Lancaster at War in the 70's he's has always been my favourite Lanc . One day he's upgrading to 48th scale,

Regards

Paul

• Like 1

Well these aren't anything new on here but here's my list :blush:

Lancaster B.I (Special) ED912 AJ-S

(You didn't say they had to be complete! :lol: )

DSC01214.jpg

Lancaster B.I LM550 AS-B

DSC00019.jpg

Lancasterian Protoype VB700

DSC00023.jpg

Lancaster B.I (Special) PD119 YZ-J

Picture will follow in a few weeks. I don't have one of my model on my photobucket handy right now :sorry: For what's worth you can see the stbd wingtip in the picture of LS-V below.

Lancaster B.III ED888 PM-M2

DSC00022.jpg

Lancaster B.I (Special) PD131 LS-V

DSC00001.jpg

Lancaster B.I R5868 PO-S

DSC01787.jpg

Lancaster B.I W4964 WS-J

DSC02894.jpg

Lancaster B.I ND458 HW-A

DSC03811.jpg

And let's just say there's 'a few' on my 'to do' list :evil_laugh:

Danny

• Like 1

Ever since I saw a picture of Nick in Lancaster at War in the 70's he's has always been my favourite Lanc .

Ditto.

He's one of my favourites too and the Lancaster at war books made a real impression on me as a youngster.

I have plans for a 72nd version myself.

Ditto.

He's one of my favourites too and the Lancaster at war books made a real impression on me as a youngster.

I have plans for a 72nd version myself.

My favorite is also a 463 kite(s),Uncle Joe/JO*E/ED611 and Uncle Joe Again/JO*U/RF141.

Other than that it's one of the Kirmington mob,166's Fransdens Frolics/AS*M/ND653.

Mark

Not quite a kit, but a water colour of Santa Azuca (PB532) 100 Sqn inspired by a picture in a Lancaster book. Titled 'After the Storm'. Appologies for the deformation, it was the camera shot, not the painting !

DSC01536.jpg

Edited by woody37

Did you paint that Woody? Great painting, very atmospheric,

Not quite a kit, but a water colour of Santa Azuca (PB532) 100 Sqn inspired by a picture in a Lancaster book. Titled 'After the Storm'. Appologies for the deformation, it was the camera shot, not the painting !

DSC01536.jpg

Did you paint that Woody? Great painting, very atmospheric,

Yes mate, thanks.

Liking that Maritime Lanc. Is there a conversion kit to do this to the Revell kit out there anywhere ? I'm assuming this is the Hasegawa one ???

Cheers, guys - that was the Hasegawa kit that comes with the resin lifeboat.

Yup, a lovely job there Paul :thumbsup:

By the way (and OT), you now describe yourself as "No Longer a Nefarious Foreign National". Do I assume correctly that you're now a citizen?

Here are some of mine, some of which you might have seen before?

Revell kit-1950`s School of Maritime Reconnaissance, overall Dark Sea Grey

Lanc3.jpg

Lanc4.jpg

Lanc1.jpg

Will add some more later when photobucket decides to work!

Cheers

Tony O

Finally sorted Photobucket out and here are some more of my Lancs, if you have seen them before then I apologise for boring you even more this time, but if not I hope you like em!!

Revell kit as an ASR.III

1LancASRIII.jpg

1LancCover1.jpg

Hasegawa kit as a B.Mk.I (FE) in Tiger Force colours

1Lanctiger.jpg

Airfix kit as an MR.3

1Lanclcoastal4.jpg

1Lanccoastal5.jpg

Hope you like them,

Cheers

Tony O

I love them!!!!

very inspiring...."sigh"....I need a humongous great lotto win so I can go buy loadsa everything and spend my life building models....