Arado 196 on catapult.

Erwin

Hi all,

My project in this GB is the new FANTASTIC 1/32 nd Arado 196 placed on the resin kit from HpH...

arado.jpg

katapult.jpg

It might well be that I won't be able to finish the Arado AND catapult during this GB as I intend to make this my show-piece for the expo I'm organizing next year in August.Plus the fact that the catapult is not an easy job.

So I will mainly focus on the Arado during the GB. And maybe be able to finish the catapult too.

Edited by Erwin

Hope that you enjoy this Erwin, I am collecting one of those from our first show next year (saves on the postage and hopefully the weather will be better!) and I'm really looking forward to it.

Tony :clif:

I have one to build fantastic kit, will follow this thread VERY closely as havn't built in larger scales for years (loads in loft to build) & may start this one next year. The Decals are definitly Tirpitz summer 1943

Revell did make a mistake !!

The loops needed to be launced from a ship's catapult aren't provided in the kit.

This picture is from the catapult instructions to show what I mean...

196.jpg

I assume Revell based their molds on a shore-based plane and didn't bodder to look if their were differances between a shore and ship based plane.

Revell shouldn't add Tirpitz markings(or any other ship markings) if the parts aren't there to build it ! Without those loops it can't be launced from the catapult. Simple fact .

Edited by Erwin

Some progress made,but not enought to show pictures.Mainly parts clean-up.

As this is not realy a diorama because there are no figurines,I decided to make a "display" with one wing straight and one folded.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Erwin,

I'm looking forward to watching your build, the Arado is a smashing kit and I can see a few appearing at the shows this year including my own. :D

All the best with the build

Steve

First progress on the Arado.

All parts needed have been cleaned.Wings and floats build.Most of the cockpit done.Now comes the painting of the cockpit.

ar-1.jpg

Edited by Erwin

• 2 weeks later...