• MadNurseGaz's Vickers Wellington Mk XIV
    • Alpha delta 210's Sea Hurricane IIc
    • RowMk9's U-321
    • Jasonb13's U-260
    • MadNurseGaz's U-96
    • Alex's Sea Hurricane
    • Shar2's U-Boat being attacked by a L'Arsenal Short Sunderland
    • wkennerley's Bismarck

Post your completed build pictures here.

Please post a maximum of five pictures to save space.

For the same reason, please post any comments or observations on the relevant build thread.

Thanks very much!

Poll added.

Just for fun and closes Saturday 11-05-11 at 23:59 BST

Edited by Mish

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vickers Wellington Mk XIV

Coastal Command U-Boat killer!

Here's my first contribution to this GB. Built OOB from the Matchbox kit using one of the kit's

decal options, she represents HF132:A of 179 Sqn, RAF Coastal Command, based at Gibraltar

in 1943. This is the aircraft that attacked and sank U-566 on 24th October 1943.

You can find the build thread here.

BoA001.jpg

BoA003.jpg

BoA002.jpg

BoA004.jpg

BoA005.jpg

I've enjoyed building this, thanks to the GB hosts for such a cracking and varied GB, good to see a GB where the aircraft

are really "incidental" to the main event!

Now, I've just got this little submarine to finish, and I've found it tonight with a piece missing, and I'm sure I heard my

carpet monster giving a smug little giggle...

Hi

I have finished my Airfix Sea Hurricane IIc. A nice, quick build that I may tweak with exhaust staining and radio aerial at some point. I decided to show the arrestor hook in the lowered position, to show that she is a Sea Hurricane. This is probably inaccurate, but let's say she is undergoing maintenance! My reference pictures don't seem to show any staining on the wings from cannon fire, so I resisted the temptation!

seahurrifinis.jpg

seahurrifinis1.jpg

seahurrifinis2.jpg

seahurrifinis3.jpg

seahurrifinis5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

U-321

Typ VIIC/41

*Kit:Revell

*Scale:1/144

*Paints Used: Xtracrylix mainly, with Tamiya and Citadel acrylics

*Extras Used: No aftermarket. Human hair for the rigging possibly may count!

*Notes: Full build thread (including build pics and more final pics can be found HERE

*History: U-321 was a Type VIIC/41 that was built by Flender Werke AG at Lübeck during 1943 and commissioned on 20th Jan 1944. She only had two patrols, the first in January 1944 whilst part of 4. Flottille which was a training flottille. U-321 had to wait over a year to see its first combat patrol with 11. Flottille, setting sail from Bergen Norway on March 1st 1945. Her career came to an abrupt end on 2nd April 1945 when she was depth charged and sunk by a Polish Wellington South West of Ireland, all hands were lost. U-321 sank no allied ships and her experience of the Battle of the Atlantic was typical for a late-war U-boat.

p1060770v.jpg

p1060784m.jpg

p1060796m.jpg

p1060780.jpg

p1060782.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Was hoping not to have this directly under Rowan's excellent U-Boat but ah well! :) I might as well nick his headings...

U-260, Type VIIC

*Kit:Revell Type VIIC/41

*Scale:1/144

*Paints Used: Brush painted with Revel Aqua Colours, Weathered with Tamiya Weathering

*Extras Used: Spare sprue for a water-tight container on the port side of the Conning Tower; Mesh for Railings; Wire for extra railings; the rest out of the box.

*Notes: Full build thread (including build pics and more final pics can be found HERE)

*History : U-260 was a Type VIIC U-Boat commissioned in March 1942. She took part in 9 Patrols, sinking one ship, and was scuttled by the crew in March 1945 after being damaged ( originally it was thought by a mine, but it's now thought she hit a rock pinnacle ) off the south coast of Ireland. All the crew survived and were interned in Ireland until the end of the war. Her wreck is now a popular spot for Scuba Divers, and her Sky Periscope Lens is still in place! As she survived through most of the war, she got numerous upgrades, hence me using the Type VIIC/41 Kit with a few minor changes.

Edited to update with pictures taken in better light...

Finished13.jpg

Finished14.jpg

Finished20.jpg

Finished21.jpg

Finished23.jpg

Edited by Jasonb13

• 1 month later...

Curse you both, Rowan and Jason! Having to follow your models with mine...Aaaaarrrgh!

Anyway, here is U-96.

Built from the 1/350 Revell kit, U-96 is a Type VIIC U-boat.

U-96001.jpg

U-96002.jpg

U-96003.jpg

U-96004.jpg

Build thread is here.

Thanks to the hosts for such an involving GB. I've certainly learnt quite a bit about the Battle of the Atlantic by taking part,

there are some great models taking shape, and it's been fun!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...