my year in modelling

pacificmustang

Well, looks like I will get nothing further finished, the Huey is still fighting me :banghead: so here are mine for the year

first off, the venerable Airfix 1/48 Buccaneer, with neomega cockpit and MA decals, actually would not mind doing another of these

2.jpg

3.jpg

next came two Special Hobby 1/48 Spitfire Vcs OOB with Aeromaster decals, a lot less painful than I thought they would be

spitfire1.jpg

spitfire3.jpg

this was followed by one of 2 Revell Huey Hogs that i started, the navy one is still on the bench, I got the Air Force one completed, being heavily modified to represent an RAAF machine using scratched parts and resin items from Ryan hamilton, glad its done, but certainly not my best work

huey1-1.jpg

then the HobbyBoss wildcat FM1 done as a Martlet using Aeromaster decals, a delightful little kit

wildcat1.jpg

wildcat5.jpg

finally a hasegawa Hawker typhoon with ultracast tailplanes and seat and Aviology decals plus airwaves rocket rails

tempest2.jpg

tempest3.jpg

and the tamiya Spitfire Mk 1, simply a superlative kit

spitfire6.jpg

spitfire5.jpg

and on the "started but not finished" list

the HB F111C

Montex 1/32 Hs123

Trumpeter M198 howitzer

hasegawa AP3C

Kenetic hawkeye

Have a merry Xmas everyone, thanks for a great site mike, look forward to contributing again in 2011

Bruce

That is one sexy Bucc, superb finish indeed. I do also like the Spitfire diorama, what is going on with that pilot, is he resisting entry to that cockpit...No no I've had enough I say!!! Or is it pre flight nerves. That Martlet is also very nice.

Mart

Brilliant work there! You obviously know a few tricks with the airbrush. It's hard to pick a favourite from that superb collection but for me, it has to be the Buccaneer! It's certainly inspired me to start mine next year.