Harrier Send-Off - Show us your models

ChocksAway

Folks,

A number of us on this forum have a passion for the Harrier and are very sad to see its demise (appreciate may be an understatement for some). So how about we pay it a fitting tribute by posting photos of all our Harrier models (completed only) in this thread? That would make one helluva final display and send-off? I know we have the Group Build some time in the future, but that will be an excuse to show a few more.

I'll start the ball rolling ...

Sea Harrier FRS.1 - XZ494 / 716-VL - 899 NAS

FRS1-XZ4942.jpg

Sea Harrier FRS.1 - ZA190 / 009 - 809 NAS, assigned to HMS Invincible in Falklands War

PICT9473.jpg

Harrier GR.3 - XZ989 / 07 - 1 Sqdn, RAF (Falklands)

PICT8850.jpg

Harrier GR.7 - ZD404 / 33A - 800NAS, (Operation Herrick, Afghanistan) and Harrier GR.7 - ZD407 / (36) - 20® Sqdn (2005 Airshow Display)

R1025713.jpg

Harrier T.10 - ZH665 / 113 - 20® Sqdn, RAF

T10-Side.jpg

• Like 1

a couple to add both 72 scale hase kits frs1 and gr3 "falkland era" the gr3 has had decals cobled together to get a gr3 that would of flown in falklands, ive done it as it would of traveled down with long range tanks and re fuel probe

DSCF0499-Copy.jpg

DSCF0502.jpg

DSCF0501.jpg

Just a couple should of had gr7 done but dissaster strikes, glued three parts of wing together, droped it and stood on it, now in lots of pieces.

• Like 1

Here's mine, all Boscombe Down themed:

1/72 GR.3 modelled as trialling a new chaff pod on the center line pylon

IMG_6218.jpg

1/72 GR.5 an early one

IMG_3508.jpg

1/72 FRS.1 sea eagle trials

IMG_1566.jpg

1/48 T.10

SDC10042.jpg

Thank you for your kind words, Bruce!

I use a large piece of blue-grey cardboard that i clip on the desk and wall in a soft curve.

The light i use is a desk lamp fitted with a large eco bulb. this casts a softer shadow.

I use a small (1.3m tall) telescopic tripod for the camera.

PS. Your Telic Gr7 is stunning!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

DSCF0545.jpg

DSCF0544.jpg

DSCF0542.jpg

my latest harrier gr7, with decals from ma, and decal bank, sniper and vinten pod from aviation workshop, crv-7's from hase weapon set. paveway IV from a fellow bm member (sorry forgot who)

• Like 2

GR7-CALaarbruch92.jpg

GR7 in the original Green/Green scheme. This is Charlie Alpha (CA) at Laarbruch in 1992 (Whilst I was working on 4Sqn)This was the CO's A/C who was killed in a crash a few years later..

I'll take some better one with the DSLR....

Oh yes this is before the hasagawa/revell ones so was converted from the Monagram AV8B....

CBLS from converted 1000lb bomb.

Steve

• Like 2

Hi here is a 24th scale FRS1 i built for my sister who is a harrier nut

i made the auxilliary air doors and the airbrake internals and modified the pitot tube and mount

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

• Like 1

Here is my Harrier.. revell 1/48

DSCF2500.jpg

DSCF2504.jpg

DSCF2502.jpg

DSCF2505.jpg

When I looked at this I instantly thought what a cool idea to do the Aircraft carrier lift in an Airfix box scheme?

• 2 weeks later...