1/48th Starfighter Two Seater

Hasegawa kit (PT40) built last year when first issued. Straight from the box except for the seats, which are Cutting Edge. I also replaced the intake and fin badges with better ones from the Sky decal sheet the rest of the decals are from the kit, although I’ve changed the roundel centres as the kit one’s are too small.

Painted with Xtracolor enamels, panel lines highlighted with Artist Gouache and weathered with pastels.

Greg

DSCN0750a.jpg

DSCN0748a.jpg

DSCN0740a.jpg

DSCN0737a.jpg

DSCN0733a.jpg

DSCN0738a.jpg

DSCN0745a.jpg

DSCN0749a.jpg

Very nice,F-104 :thumbsup:

I have one of these at the Painting stage, I'm waiting for the DACO German Startfighter decals sheet before I decide on the colour scheme.

http://ultra.glo.be/daco/

Hi Greg

Excellent low-vis Italain 2 seater there and very nice weathering too :speak_cool:

What dia should the roundel centres be in 1/48 then Greg please?

Adrian

The kit roundels have the been printed with equal spaced circules.

On the real thing the centre is larger, like on Gregs model.

Edited by Shaun

Guys

Thanks for the positive comments. The F-104 is one of my favourites jets either in single or two seat forms and I do particularly like the 1/48th Hasegawa kits, which even allowing for the fact that the rivet detail on the wings and rear fuselage is a bit over done are undoubtably some of Hasegawa’s best 1/48th efforts.

Mind you as I have thirty plus of the Hasegawa Starfighter kits I suppose it’s a good thing I quite like them!!!!

Cheers

Greg

Hi Greg

Excellent low-vis Italain 2 seater there and very nice weathering too :speak_cool:

What dia should the roundel centres be in 1/48 then Greg please?

Adrian

Adrian

I used a 4mm punch for the replacement roundel centres, not sure if its exactly right but it looks close!!

Very nice,F-104 :thumbsup:

I have one of these at the Painting stage, I'm waiting for the DACO German Startfighter decals sheet before I decide on the colour scheme.

<a href="http://ultra.glo.be/daco/" target="_blank">http://ultra.glo.be/daco/</a>

Shaun

Me to on the Daco sheet, I want to do at least a single seater from WTD-61 in the late “Lizard” scheme plus a two seat Marine bird from MFG-2. I do have the old Victory Models sheet but knowing how rare this is I’m reluctant to cut it up. Hopefully the Daco sheet will be here soon as its been promised for what seems like forever.

"Me to on the Daco sheet, I want to do at least a single seater from WTD-61 in the late “Lizard” scheme plus a two seat Marine bird from MFG-2. I do have the old Victory Models sheet but knowing how rare this is I’m reluctant to cut it up. Hopefully the Daco sheet will be here soon as its been promised for what seems like forever."

DACO had samples of the 1/48th sheet on their stand at Telford last year, almost 12 months ago!

I heard a rumour they are trying to find more Zaps and smaller markings, to make the sheet more intresting.

I'm going to wait, before I paint my zipper ^_^

Shaun.

Edited by Shaun

Awesome! the ONLY scheme for a '104 in my book- Now all repeat "Luvly luvly luvly" as in Spitting Images Prince Phillip..

Wasn't that Neil Kinnock? :hmmm:

Either way, it is lovely :goodjob:

Hasegawa kit (PT40) built last year when first issued. Straight from the box except for the seats, which are Cutting Edge. I also replaced the intake and fin badges with better ones from the Sky decal sheet the rest of the decals are from the kit, although I’ve changed the roundel centres as the kit one’s are too small.

Painted with Xtracolor enamels, panel lines highlighted with Artist Gouache and weathered with pastels.

Greg

DSCN0750a.jpg

DSCN0748a.jpg

DSCN0740a.jpg

DSCN0737a.jpg

DSCN0733a.jpg

DSCN0738a.jpg

DSCN0745a.jpg

DSCN0749a.jpg

Excellent choice....