ENGLISH ELECTRIC P.1 LIGHTNING

Evening all,

I have at last finished my P.1 English Electric Lightning, the kit is an Aeroclub conversion which comprised of vacform fuselage and some white metal parts.

There is some build progress pictures here.

Since my last update I have given her a coat of Nissan Silver from a rattle can, a coat of Klear and then the decals went on followed by two coats of clear, it s not apparent in the pictures but she does have quite a shine to her.

The cockpit detail came through better than I expected.....

p101wa8.jpg

The stand is home made from a chunk of wood and some aluminium round stuff.......

p105ul7.jpg

p104em8.jpg

Close up topside shot......

p102gv6.jpg

That beautifull sharksmouth intake......

p103ky5.jpg

Just one last one, my little shrine that now takes pride of place on the desk, the most gracefull and beautifull aircraft to ever take to the skys.......

p106ir0.jpg

I am very happy with the way it all turned out, there was a scare with the paint and I think next time I will try something a little different but for a first try I'm dead chuffed.

As ever I would gratefully welcome any comments.

Regards,

John.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, a big thanks to Speedy for the inspiration to this build.......Speedy's P.1

Edited by Fmk.6john

John,

She looks awesome, credit to you as always. I especially love the last photo, the 2 columns, photo & ya prototype model looks really good together.

:goodjob::worthy:

Bex

Adrian

Funny you should mention that but I have a Hasegawa F.6 on the bench at the moment, just have to make up my mind what scheme she will be in, 11 SQN is hot favourite as I want a bird that reminds me of Raf Binbrook in the eighties.

Thanks for all the kind comments guys :wub::blush: .

Regards,

John.

Beautiful!

My only advice would be to switch from Nissan Silver to Halfords Gloss Aluminium. It's a lot finer - I found that the Nissan Silver was just a shade too grainy for 72nd. Oh, and keep an eye out for the cheap cans of silver that the discount shops sell around Christmas for use on decorations and Xmas trees. They tend to be quite fine and some of my better aluminium finishes came from a £1 can of silver that one of the lads at wor club passed along to me.

• 4 weeks later...
Nice display John, I'll have to try that.

And it reminds me that I have a Frog P.1 in the stash I need to build.......

Unless you want to sell it to me :wicked:

John.