Bristol Beaufort Mk 1, Special Hobby 1/72 nd scale

Hi everybody,

Here is my new kit : Special Hobby 1/72 nd scale Bristol Beaufort Mk 1 .

It's a beautiful kit with nicely engraved panel lines, cristal clear transparent parts, a few resin parts including the cockpit interior, engines and machine guns . Two decal options are provided for Coastal Command airplanes . The one I chose to make (MW°R) needs some minor rectifications to have something accurate : no antennae under the wings, use the long air scoops instead of the small ones, no tear drop shaped gonio mast, the rear right window is square, not round . I added a few details that can be seen on the pictures of the real airplane on internet :

9e7c657c1cb5ffb00b32f2e49f7d1972.jpg

4bc77628ba9638f92a05f2a3dac6bbff.jpg

Also, I detailed a little more the cockpit interior by adding the navigator's seat, the copilot seat but very few will be seen once the fuselage is assembled and the transparent parts are painted .

I decided to lower the stabilators and open the left side window, I also made the foot steps on the left side of the fuselage :

9e51d001175d12ef71a4bc1751ac4d78.jpg

One thing very important that needs to be corrected : the engine cowlings opening is too wide and I added a ring of plastic inside, glue, sand in order to get the proper shape:

1b995ea08ee06544eb5468c6a8ebea11.jpg

The guy standing on the left wing comes from Revell (formerly Preiser ?)

This particular plane was based at St Eval ; the decals are super, no film will be seen after been transferred .

Humbrol paints 102 and 125 were used for the top side and Revell matt black for the underside.

A challenging kit but I had pleasure building it .

Comments and critics welcome .

Cheers,

Pierre

Don't see many Beauforts here, great model, very nicely weathered.

Don't see many Beauforts here, great model, very nicely weathered.

Great job, you've just about convinced me to go find one. I really like the look of your 102/125 topside colours, they do a good job of representing a weathered TSS & match well some of my old kits painted up years ago with Humbrols Authentic colours.

Steve.