M551 Sheridan

jamboseven

Afternoon gents

I'm looking for advice on bits and boobs.

I forgot I had started this 1/35th Academy Sheridan kit and dug it out at weekend and it really doesn't need much to finish it except the turret basket is really really bare and needs to be filled with all sorts of boxes, ammo, bed rolls that they all seemed to have been covered with in Vietnam.

I know that legend do a set for it but it's a bit expensive so was wondering if anybody knows of another company that does a generic American Vietnam junk pile!

Hope some of you guys have any suggestions

Cheers

Simon

So how much are you looking at spending? I've got both the Legend set and the Eduard PE for the M551, both at quite resonable prices off Ebay. There is also a generic set by Verlinden for the Vietnam period.

Hi Shar,

I refuse to pay more for a resin add on set than i did for the model in the first place....

i've had a look on ebay and hven't seen the legend set on it for ages, managed to get the etch ammo box set from model hobbies but i'll have a look for that verlinden set.

cheers for that

Simon

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I also have one of these, but was lucky enough to get the legend set for about £6 if memory serves.

If you want a cheaper option Tamiya did a modern US tank stowage set that contains many items used in Vietnam

Academy also do a modern stowage set that has many Vietnam period bits in it, which was about £3 last time I saw one.

Hope this helps

Ben