Harrier Disbandment 3rd Painted Jet

rafrobbo

Why is it our aircraft are fairly boring paint jobs until the end these look fantastic, hope somone does some decals sooon, perhaps thats why airfix delayed there new kit? would be nice to do the great aircraft justice.

they may be gone but THEY WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN, even if F-35 does appear?

btw, how many people do you think turned up at the fence so to speak to watch the proceedings?

Howard, I'd guess around 2-300, maybe slightly more, around the 22 end of the runway. I think a lot of people were put off by the weather & conditions underfoot - it was more serious enthusiasts & photographers than Joe/Joanna public just strolling up for a look as it'd been on the telly (saw the result of that in good weather with the Vulcan arrival at Coningsby the other year, a frightening number of people turned out..). It certainly wasn't the barging contest I'd been half-expecting, thankfully.

BTW, the formation shot wasn't from Cott on the 15th, they didn't overfly as a 16-ship. Departures were as pairs and recovery as 4-ships. I'm not sure the 16-ship actually overflew Cott on the 14th either, thinking about it..

You're right. It was indeed on December 14th at RAF Coningsby.

But it was in fact a 17 ships (16+1 photoship) formation!

formationii.jpg

The aircraft observed flying from RAF Cottesmore on December 15th for the final flypast were in order:

- Harrier T.12 - ZH657/105 - 4( R) Sqn

- Harrier GR.9A - ZG506 - Special

- Harrier GR.9 - ZG857/EB-Z - 1(F) Sqn (ex 41( R) Sqn)

- Harrier GR.9 - ZD379/27- 1(F) Sqn

- Harrier GR.9A - ZD467/57A - 1(F) Sqn

- Harrier GR.9A - ZG477 - Special 1(F) Sqn

- Harrier GR.9A - ZD433/45A - 1(F) Sqn

- Harrier GR.9A - ZG472/62A - 1(F) Sqn

- Harrier GR.9A - ZG479/69A - 1(F) Sqn

- Harrier GR.9A - ZD351 - Special 800 NAS

- Harrier GR.9A - ZD347/14A - 800 NAS

- Harrier GR.9 - ZG862/94 - 800 NAS

- Harrier GR.9 - ZG502/73 - 800 NAS

- Harrier GR.9 - ZG858 - Special 4( R) Sqn

- Harrier T.12A - ZH665/113 - 4( R) Sqn

- Harrier T.12 - ZH659/107 - 4( R) Sqn

- Harrier T.12 - ZH664/112 - 4( R) Sqn

1403.jpg

Source: Key Publishing

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Hi all.

Just a heads up that I am currently 50% through designing the 1:72 and 1:48 decal sheets covering these three disbandment Harriers for The Aviation Workshop/Model Alliance and the sheet will also include the three BoB coded Typhoons too! :thumbsup: These sheets may be also scaled up to 32nd later. :gobsmacked:

Jon

Hi all.

Just a heads up that I am currently 50% through designing the 1:72 and 1:48 decal sheets covering these three disbandment Harriers for The Aviation Workshop/Model Alliance and the sheet will also include the three BoB coded Typhoons too! :thumbsup: These sheets may be also scaled up to 32nd later. :gobsmacked:

Jon

At the moment I can't bring myself to do any of the disbandment schemes as I'm still currently in denial that they've actually gone :-(

Going to miss the Harrier!

• 1 month later...