Tamiya 1/24 Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34) Loctite Zexel

rowmk9

I've been messing about with this one since the summer and to be fair it's almost finished. The project stalled because I ripped up some of the left-hand door decals and have only been able to partially repair them. I also couldn't decide how best to tint the rear quarter windows and main rear window. Oh and I lost the rear view mirror somewhow... It'll likely not be missed too much, but it was these little things that made me put the project to one side.

Joining the Group Build with this will make sure I finish it once and for all!

p10603030.jpg

p10603040.jpg

Any suggestions on how to get an effective tinted window would be appreciated. I've thought of trying Tamiya X-19 Smoke, but I'm worried it will make the window misty and less than clear.

Edited by rowmk9

My Appoligies to Rishi

I seem to have deleted his original post by clicking edit over adding my own. Sorry mate.

I tried to get it back. Sorry

Hi Rowen

Welcome in to the GB.

if you need to tint the windows, you can do this with food dye, and klear, it works a treat, Matt Swan covers this in Detail on his very helpful website, I believe.

this link should help

http://www.swannysmodels.com/TheCompleteFuture.html

Dave

Edited by zero

My Appoligies to Rishi

I seem to have deleted his original post by clicking edit over adding my own. Sorry mate.

I tried to get it back. Sorry

Dave

I've checked to see if I can help here, and unfortunately as it's only been edited, there's no copy to restore :shrug:

ok thanks guys, I'll give the Klear option a go, because the rear window has two vents in it that will be a right pain to try and tint with film.

I'll take a look at swanny's website and give it a go tomorrow :P wish me luck

Well I've been well and truly KUTA'ed. I only had a small way to go anyhow so with winter weather set in I decided to finish off the car instead of going outside. Thanks to Rishi and c.smith for the tinting advice, I found a spray can of TS-19 Smoke in the garage and used that in the end, it sort of worked.

p1060363.jpg

p1060368.jpg

p1060369y.jpg

p1060379t.jpg

p1060381h.jpg

It's not a perfect build as the decals in places tore or died a death, but it'll do. It's race damage, yeah, thats what that is... :D