GBU-24 Paveway III/GBU-31(v)1 JDAM/AIM Colours?

Wayne

I'm busy building an F-14, and I need some colours for the bombs and air-to-air missiles i've just finished building. I would appreciate any help with FS numbers or Tamiya acrylic colours that would be appropriate for the following weapons, as I have found loads of information but no FS colour references -

GBU-24 Paveway III

GBU-31(v)1 JDAM

AIM-54 Phoenix

AIM-7 Sparrow

AIM-9L/M/X Sidewinder

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Wayne

Edited by Wayne

GBU-24 and -31 are usually Olive Drab FS34087. The bomb bodies will almost invariably be more faded than the smart-bits, especially with a Mk.84 warhead, much less so with a BLU-109 penetrator.Earlu AIM-54, -7 and -9L/M were white, the -54 and -7 had a light grey radome, the -9 had a dark anodized metal guidance section. Later variants have Light Ghost Grey FS36375 bodies, the -7 and -54 with white radomes, the 7 with natural titanium fins. Can't remember the sub-type (from -7F?), but the later -7s had silver-ish tips on the front fins, which was actually lead counterbalance weights. The -9s retain the anodized guidance section (from the fuse forward). The -9X usually gave a dark grey front section (judging from pictures either FS36081 or 36118) with natural titanium fins both front and back.

Edited by hatchet