Dioramas- slippery slope?

Mentalguru

Was only looking for tips on figure painting... :frantic:

I have to say- the groundwork and overall attention to realism is something I have never seen before. However- I would imagine a straight jacket beckons.. So is it best to stop before I start?

More can be seen at http://www.rlm.at/cont/gal28_e.htm

diorama_06.790x527.jpg

Edited by Mentalguru

I have to say- the groundwork and overall attention to realism is something I have never seen before. However- I would imagine a straight jacket beckons.. So is it best to stop before I start?

No - if you have an idea for a diorama, go for it! You could even start out with a ready made aircraft revetment (Flightpath, amongst others, make them) and go from there. Anything from a simple display base to a complex diorama. There are some fantastic little bits and pieces out there that will help your diorama stand out too - field kitchens, livestock; you name it, someone probably makes it.

Edited by Paul A H

You'll be fine – just avoid having oil drums / jerry cans / POW cans / ammunition boxes scattered randomly around!!

But seriously, they can be absolute works of art and a great way of 'linking' favourite elements together. The groundwork should be treated as its own model.

Nick

Dioramas- slippery slope?

Was only looking for tips on figure painting... :frantic:

Go for it! First of all, the best way to find out if you can do it is to just try.

Second: Go for it ! Even if it isn't the best diorama ever, you WILL learn. I can absolutely guarantee you that.

Third: don't do this with your expensive models :P A 100 quid perfect replication of a 1:24 Spitfire will look nasty in a bad Diorama. A bad model, not so much

Fourth: I might have mentioned this, but just Go for it!

My own personal and highly biased experiences with Diorama building have been absolute joys and the results look fantastic (at least to me)

Greetz Basosz