Old Matchbox instructions

roym

I've been getting the Revell reissues of these as they come out, but the paint mixes are driving me nuts.

Is there somewhere I can download the original painting instructions so I can get the Humbrol numbers?

Cheers,

Roy

Roy, I would suggest that you make a post whenever you need the info, there is bound to be somebody here who has a kit in the stash who could scan you the instructions.

I don't know of any sites that have the instructions available but it would be a handy resource to have. What about starting a thread or forum where we could post old instructions?

Have you got a kit that you want this information for now?

peebeep

Roy, I would suggest that you make a post whenever you need the info, there is bound to be somebody here who has a kit in the stash who could scan you the instructions.

/quote]

This is indeed your best option.

Ok, I knew ye'd help but I didn't want to sound too demanding..... I don't want to mix paints but the LMS only has Humbrol anyway.

Let's see, what have I got so far;

M-24 Chaffee; Sd. Kfz. 234/2 Puma; L.R.D.G. 30cwt Chevrolet & Jeep; M19 Tank Transporter; Monty's Caravan/Leyland Retriever & Scout Car (got this in a Chinese Matchbox box); and the Sd. Kfz. 11, Pak 40 & BMW R75.

On order from the shop,

Krupp Protze (Kfz.70) & 3.7-cm-Pak; Humber Mk.II.

I suppose an easier way is just to tell me what is the correct Humbrol paint for the following;

The Morris truck and Willys Jeep. Are they Bronze green or olive drab/green? US Army Green WW2? German Panzer grey? German uniform blue/grey? German sand? British sand? Afrika Korps Uniform sand?

Lastly, was the T-34/76 green or white? Boxtop of the original says white, side of box says green!

Cheers,

Roy

I think we may have copyright issues if we started posting kit instructions on an open forum chaps, so asking when you're ready to build each kit is probably the best option, to stop is being sued by the owner of the Matchbox name ;)

Anything British or American paint it your choice of Dark Green. Bronze Green or Olive Drab? After you've weathered it, who can tell!

T-34 Green or White? Depends on whether its in winter camo or not - if so the white is applied over the green, but faded and washed/wore off quickly.

Anything German up to 42 or 43 is Panzer Grey, after that they had a Dark Yellow base with Red Brown and/or Dark Green applied in a huge variety of disruptive patterns over it (all 4 of those colours are in the Tamiya range)

Not necessarily perfect matches, but should pass the 'near enough' test:-

Hu66 Olive drab (US)

Hu67 Tank grey (Panzer grey)

Hu75 Bronze green (GB)

The colour system quotes a mix for British Army Deep Bronze Green consisting of:

43 parts Hu3

15 parts Hu 80

14 parts Hu 60

I can barely see any difference between the sample chip of this and Hu 75.

peebeep