Revell VW Samba Bus conversion 1/24 scale

Brian

That looks bloody marvelous, especially with the colours you have chosen. Teddy bear looks cute too. Don't show the daughter your pic of teddy as she might be a bit annoyed you have stuck it on a cocktail stick .

Hope you have made enough breakfast for all of us.

Nige

Brian

That looks bloody marvelous, especially with the colours you have chosen. Teddy bear looks cute too. Don't show the daughter your pic of teddy as she might be a bit annoyed you have stuck it on a cocktail stick .

If I was the bear I'd be more annoyed at where he's stuck the cocktail stick..... :wacko::D

Great stuff Brian, looks like you're really having fun with this build!

Keef

Great build, my daughter was particularly impressed, so much so she wants one in 1:1, now that would be a big build!

Edited by Madmonk

Thanks for the kind words, Chris.

This one will be a much loved, pristine condition, restored camper (with maybe just a hint of road dirt).

I have a project to do for Truck Model World magazine once this is finished then I am going to get another Samba and do it in 'fam yard' condition.

Brian

Thanks for the kind words, Chris.

This one will be a much loved, pristine condition, restored camper (with maybe just a hint of road dirt).

I have a project to do for Truck Model World magazine once this is finished then I am going to get another Samba and do it in 'fam yard' condition.

Brian

Hi Brian,

Another VW Samba for Truck Model world magazine? Thats really great. I have not read any truck model world mags, but seen some articles on web. one that caught my attention was Mack DM twin steer concrete mixer with bullguard. I have a Mack CH WIP coming soon.

Cheers,

rishi

Hi Brian

Should be brilliant, I have a couple of Aircooled VWs and go to a few shows and the restored pristine ones are always generally spotlessly clean and ready to be judged, so you could get away with no added weathering and it would be a realistic finish.

Rat look is a different matter I have done a single cab pick up in Rat look style and have added all the rust, faded/worn through paint and that is really fun getting the effects. I am also building a replica of my bug too which I would like to start again soon. That will be in clean condition though.

Great build this.

All the best

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Final update...

All glazed (great fun), managed to loose a wiper somewhere in the model room (hopefully will turn up later) and my clear red paint has dried up so can't do the rear lights but other than that, enough is enough. I have hit the stage where I am loosing interest and want to do something different so I'm going to declare her finished (base may be also be added at a later date).

webDSCF3112.jpg

webDSCF3113.jpg

webDSCF3114.jpg

webDSCF3117.jpg

Overall, I am quite happy with her. The paint finish is far from perfect and I have had to improvise with an opening windscreen because the front panel is warped (didn't notice until I started glazing). But, in time, I will have a go at another one which should be much better.

Comments and constructive criticism would be most welcome.

Brian

That looks fantastic Brian, can me and the family borrow at the end of July when we go to Cornwall!!

Mind you the sausages may be a bit ripe by then!

Great build. There looks to ne much more detail on the Revell version than the Hasegawa kit I have just finished for the OOB GB. I may have to buy another one now!

Andrew

Looking good. Well done

I hope mine turns out as good as that (when I get around to building it!!)

What about sitting it on a grass mat with maybe some G scale model railway figures having a picnic outside?