1/144th Revell Hunter.

Hi all

This kit went together a dream and if I could have sat down undisturbed then it could have been completed in an afternoon.

As with my last model I made my own bent wire stand from some brass rod.

dsc018501zd0.jpg

dsc018301xm3.jpg

dsc018201wi7.jpg

Regards,

John.

Nice 'baby' Hunter there! Looks great for something so small, good work! Like the stand idea too...

It looks a really nice kit for 1/144. I only wish someone did some decals for the Blue Diamonds scheme for this scale, I'd have to build up a team display of them then!

Karl.

Hi Bex

I've been a busy bee today, got the P.1 licked into shape and hopefully will get the stand sorted for her tomorrow.

Regards,

John.

That looks very good John.

Please don't take this the wrong way but what is the attraction of building such small models? I have always built 1:48 where possible and reserve 1:72 for the larger stuff such as The Convair B-36 :analintruder:

I like bigger models personally so I am just curious why the smaller scales are so popular. Is it all about storage space once they are built?

Thanks and keep up the good work

Craig.

Craig,

1/144th for me is a quick and easy way of making up a lovely little model, the way I look at it is there is not detailing and a couple of strokes of the old hairy stick and your done.

I like this scale as I can tip out the entire contents of the box on my bench and an hour later it's ready for paint, and they only cost a couple of quid too :thumbsup: .

Regards,

John.

Fair enough John

I must admit spending months building a cockpit then hiding 99% of it when you glue it in between the fuselage halves can be depressing!

Thanks

Craig.