Curtiss Hawk II

CliffB

I bought this at the Nationals 2009 and made a quick start. Since then it keeps getting put back as club comps and Britmodeller GBs have taken priority.

Hawk-Front.jpgHawk-Back.jpg

I shall be doing the Bolivian version, to add to my Chaco War collection.

It's a neat little model with some resin bits and pre-coloured PE to add to the fun. The Cyclone is particularly nice.

P1070141.jpg

The basic build is complete, it really just needs some paint, final assembly and rigging.

P1070139.jpgP1070138.jpg

Looking forward to finishing it in the New Year. :)

Cliff

Edited by CliffB

• 2 weeks later...
The number of Biplanes I have on the workbench that have got to that exact same level of completion.... :huh:

Look forward to seeing it finished, are you using the kit decals or the aftermarket ones?

Will

Hi Will

You're quite right, there is definitely a 'pain barrier' when you get this stage with a biplane!

I'm going to use the Blue Rider decals - just so they match my other Bolivians. The kit decals look pretty good though.

Cliff

• 1 month later...

Finally got this one moving.

Two landmarks to report.

Firstly, all is now in primer....

P1070207.jpg

Secondly, managed to finish constructing the biplane assembly jig....

P1070208.jpg

One these tasks was much easier to do than the other!

Cheers

Cliff

Here's where I am now, but unfortunately impending lunchtime visitors have stopped play for the weekend (still, the roast and yorkshires should be good...)

P1070224.jpg

Just the windscreen and a few pin washes to add, and then it will be wing assembly and rigging.

I had intended to fit operating cranks to the elevators etc., but completely forgot. :banghead: I've decided that it's too late to add them now, as I'm bound to mess up the paint and/or decals if I start messing around at this late stage!

Cliff