AMT/Ertl 1/48? Anakins Podracer

wkennerley

Right to get things going on this KUTA, I have decided that out of the 5 major candidates, this should be the easiest to get finished.

Anakins Podracer AMT/Ertl 1/48? - another long term, got bored with all the dry brushing of pipes etc - Also gotta try figure out how I mixed the mustard yellow as there are more bits that need this colour and it was years ago that I did it!!

DSCF1275.jpg

Edited by wkennerley
  • Like 1

Managed to finsih the dry brushing of the pipework tonight - tomorrow hopwfully start gluing the piping onto the engines then a bit of sepia wash - I have noticed that the windscreen for the podracer has gone missing, I hope its around somewhere or else the kit will finished without it!

Wayne

those engines look the doggies.

we know they should be all coated in :shit: if this was a thing of reality, but as it a Sci Fi (what if) so to speak, the just look right to me all bright and shiny.

looking forward to seeing this one come together

I really should build other subjects other than just planes.

Dave

those engines look the doggies.

we know they should be all coated in :shit: if this was a thing of reality, but as it a Sci Fi (what if) so to speak, the just look right to me all bright and shiny.

I have just started coating the engines in a sepia wash so they won't be shiny for long!!

Wayne

A little more progress, added piping to engines and gave engines a sepia wash (warhammer sepia wash). Have put them onto stand as trial fit, looks good. Decals are a pain but I reckon I can get them looking OK. I found the windscreen, it was a flat pice of clear acetate that you bend to form the curve. It looks like I mixed a bit of red into yellow to make the mustardy colour, so I will mix a bit later adn spray the few parts that still need to be that colour (Prob on sunday night as I am off to work soon)

Wayne

DSCF1302.jpg

DSCF1304.jpg

Edited by wkennerley
  • Like 1