See if I can finish something for KUTA this time

Romeo Alpha Yankee

Hi Folks,

I will throw this one into the ring. It has not graced the bench as long as some others but I would like to see it done.

P-3AMasksoffSM3.jpg

My deadline is a little closer as I am travelling for christmas on the 18th of Dec. I expect I won't get anything done in the week preceding with getting organised for the trip.

Edited by TrojanThunder

OK!

Well I managed to find some time to attack this build again.

After managing to botch part of the paint work I had it put it aside for some time. I got back to it this weekend. Something I did not like was the thickness of the wing walkways so I remasked them and made them wider. I also resprayed some of the red areas that had suffered some wear and tear being moved around the bench.

P-3Amaint1.jpg

All that really needs doing is the tidy up some ejector pin marks on the gear doors and paint them up, finish painting the props, add some antennas and the decalling. I may get a littl more done this week but I make no promises :D

Here are some more pictures with wheels and props temporarily attached. Boy I like the look of the P-3!

P-3Amaint2.jpg

P-3Amaint4.jpg

P-3Amaint3.jpg

P-3Amaint5.jpg

Thanks all, if I had not stuffed around with touch ups that went wrong months ago I would have had this one finished by now. I hope to be able to get a bit more done by Friday which will be the last day I can work on it before jumping on an A340-500 and heading east :D

• 1 month later...

Well since this GB goes into Feb (I thought it finished at the end of December!) I expect to get this one done :D So what is the actual end date? Is it the end of Feb?????

Added some paint to the gear doors tonight. Need to mask up the props and get a clear coat on it ready for decalling.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Mish an Julien

Thats pretty sharp ray, what red have you used?

Julien

The red is a testors colour (enamel) I don't think it is the right shade but it will do the trick for me. Someone over on the Firebombers forum suggested the correct shade which was a testors colour, either a GM or Ford engine red as I recall.

:cheers: