* Supermarine Spitfire Mk.I K9867

Deacon

As I bought the Xtradecal sheet for the Hurricane, I thought I might as well use the decals available for a Spitfire.

So, the aircraft to be depicted is K9867/ZP-J of No.74 Squadron. It force landed Calais-Marck on 23rd May 1940 and was captured three days later.

Here is a box shot with the contents, I realise now I forgot to include the decal sheet. Oh well.

IMG_7778.jpg

Cheers

Deacon

Edited by Deacon

Nice work-I particularly like your take on that tricky interior colour. If it's anything like mine you may find that the fuselage joint is a little stubborn, requiring a bit of sanding on the edge of the instrument panel.

Thanks for the heads-up on that vulcan, it was stopping the fuselage joining.

Did you have any problems with the wings being too tight to the fuselage?

Deacon

This build was going so well.

I was adding the last of the after market decals which was a 'J' on the fuselage when disaster struck. It just disappeared. :weep:

Without it I am unable to complet this kit as a Blitzkrieg Spit. I can finish it as a later aircraft no probs.

So, I will keep an eye out for the 'J' for a week, if it doesn't turn up I'll have to 'pull' the build.

Deacon

PM me your address I have a pair of 1/72 J decals the correct size etc from the Tamiya Mk1 in 1/72

Fantastic! Thanks ever so much mate.:worthy:

PM on the way. :speak_cool:

Deacon

Well Phat Trev was true to his word and sent the decals, but unfortunately I couldn't use them.

So, there was one choice left. Make a template of the 'J' I had and use it to paint the letter on.

Here is a shot of my attempt.

New003.jpg

I think it will do. :pray:

Cheers

Deacon

Thanks Mate. :)

Well here it is finished.

IMG_8000.jpg

IMG_8002.jpg

I have left it with no weathering or panel lines. This is because of all the kits I have built this year, this one has captured fond memories of

building kits when I was a kid. So, I have left it looking as a kit as I would have built it then (although there is less glue and a better paint job and an ariel).

This Airfix Spitfire was fun.

Now, I am off to run (well walk quickly) around the room a few times with it held aloft and making plane type noises.

Thanks for looking.

Deacon