1:48 Revell F-4 Phantoom FGR.2

AnonymousDFB1

Thanks guys.

This morning I started decalling. No sooner had I started than a missed pool of Mr Softener 'melted' through two coats of Klear and a layer of paint! I patched up the area and have 2/3rds of the stencils on on one wing done after three hours.

Move later...

thats bl@@dy annoying? never thought it would eat it's way through like that,

looking good so far mish, sure a bit of weathering will help cover it up. so glad I've not got reams of stencils to do on my F-4.

Dave

Thanks Guys

This morning I have got all the decals on the underside. They are now settling in with some softener. The starboard wing serial has ripped in two places and will need touching up :(

More later...

looking good all the same Mish, I probably have a spare five kicking bout if you need it but a black paint pen should hide the damage (with a bit of weathering thrown in for good measure.

I've been out car hunting all day, one place we when was more like a breakers yard over a car lot, ho hum.

hope to find something reasonable quickly so I can get back to modelling, weather might even be with me to get some spraying done this weekend if ready!!!

want to do a treble one bird in time, which decals are you using?

Dave

Thanks Dave, I've not done anymore with her today as I'm coming down with either a cold or flu, not sure which yet. The decals are some spare Aeromaster 'Smokers' Part 3 that Bex gave me some two years ago.

I've now painted the damaged areas of the decals and they should be okay with, as you say, some weathering. Have you or anyone else got any pics of where tooms leak from on the underside?

Nice looking Toom Mish, always satisfying to finish a long started kit, especially to that standard!

Any idea why it has the 64 Sqn/ 228 OCU? markings on the tail? Had it been a victim of a zapping?

Cheers,

Troffa