WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO.......OUTSTANDING ITEM TO FINISH

zero

So to start the ball rolling these are the items I have to finish, whether I will finish them all here is another thing, but I would like to get them out of the way before starting something else

#1 Hasegawa 1/48 RF-4B USMC Phantom II http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/23393859

#2 Revell 1/48 F-15 Strike Eagle http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/23220737

#3 Hasegawa 1/48 RAF GR2 Phantom II http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/22931381

#4 Revell 1/32 F-16XL This is the very large Revell kit, and the model is to be painted in NASA experimental colours (pictures to follow)

Dave

Ok, here goes:

1: 1/48 ICM MkXVIe Tiger Squadron Spit, current state: pre shade complete.

2: 1/48 Tamiya F-15C "Mig Killer" rebuild, current state: Primered.

3: 1/48 Kinetic F-16AM "Portuguese", current state: 80% Built

4: 1/35 Dragon Sherman, current state: Hull Painted

5: 2x 1/72 Airfix Hawks "Reds": current state: 1 half decaled and 1 painted

6: 1/25 Resin Diamond T "Spider Mike- Convoy", current state: Detailing

So I have quite a bit to be getting on with, not sure what to finish first though?

Any suggestions welcome

Chris

oohh well I was meant to be doing the A-37B for the KUTA GB but lack of modelling/painting space means that is on hold til the NEw YEar.... so I will be working on the Fuji T-1A for now then the A-37 & Fuji after christmas......

A long sad list I am afraid, I bow my head in shame........

In 1/48

CA Venom

Aeroclub Gnat

Dynavector Javelin

Dynavector Javelin - was finished but now needs repairing

Kenetic F16C

Kenetic F16A

Jaguar T2

1/35

M50 - a long drawn out affair

Osh Koss IDF tanker

Monogram Mac truck - for IDF tank transporter

Legend Puma

1/144

RAF VC10 tanker

WM RAF Tristar

Tamiya Tyrell six wheeler

Edited by chrismac60

Ok, here goes:

So I have quite a bit to be getting on with, not sure what to finish first though?

Any suggestions welcome

Chris

What I decided to do was work on the one that needed the most work first, and then move to ones that had lesser work to do after, as the FGR2 and the F-16XL are a bit down the line I reversed that hoping to get another one in before the end. (ie a sprint to the finish with a kit that nearly there)

ie in my case, the RF-4B has the most work to do, the F-15 has quite a bit, and the FGR2 is nearly there, so if I can get those three done i'll be very happy. the 1/32 F-16XL is a scale I no longer build at, but I would like to finish it, all the same, and may even, take it to modelkraft in Feb 2011, so I have the longest time on that one, so it was placed last.

very mixed selection of builds there, be watching them all, but the F-15C is of particular interest. hopefully we will have both a C and a E in the final tally

Good luck, and welcome aboard

Dave

Edited by zero

A long sad list I am afraid, I bow my head in shame........

A list of shame? Maybe, but an impressive list all the same! I will look forward to the Javelin, I have a part started one in my stash now, but as I didn't start it I didn't add it in my to do list here, ie it not been awaiting my attention to long, certainly as long as the F-16XL which is about 10 years now. :shithappens:

Dave

I would like to complete the following

Rockwell B-1B Revell 1/48 - started by my brother but he got annoyed with it so it came home with me last time I visited - Will have to get decals as he sprayed over most of the kit ones!!

DSCF1274.jpg

Hercules with drones Italeri 1/48 - been on going for years, just needs minor painting, assembly and I have to find decals somewhere - the engines are done but not shown in pic

1-48C-130_2.jpg

Anakins Podracer AMT/Ertl 1/48? - another long term, got bored with all the dry brushing of pipes etc

DSCF1275.jpg

FJ-4B Fury Rareplanes? 1/72 - my first vacform, probably why it has stalled!

and if I get the time

Rolls-Royce PII Monogram 1/24 - bought part started, needs a bit of work to figure out what they have done and some repairs to broken bits

DSCF1277.jpg

Thats it for now

Wayne

Edited by wkennerley

Just one to do :innocent: (is that the emoticon for 'smug' ?!).

An RS Models Curtiss Hawk II that's been hanging around all year. It's built, but needs painting and then final assemby (upper wing and details).

First, however, I need to work out how to assemble my Aeroclub biplane jig :hypnotised: (a bigger task than the Hawk itself).

All likely to be post-Christmas, but hopefully before the end of the GB.

Cliff

In the rough order by which they annoy me most, although this constantly changes depending on which one I'm looking at;

Hasegawa 48th RN Phantom II - Finish the radar and build a new boarding ladder.

Airfix 72nd Fairey Firefly - Finish wheelwells and mould new canopy, detail u/c and exhausts then paint and decals.

Airfix 72nd Su-27 to P.42 conversion - Main airframe complete but u/c and canopy to sort out then go nuts with every shade of Alclad I can find.

Hasegawa 72nd SAAB Draken - Cockpit almost done.

Airfix 48th SHAR x2 - Started work on detailing various small components.

There are a few others but so little has been done they can still be considered almost unstarted. With any luck I'll get at least one if not two done during the GB and an injection of enthusisim to get on with the rest afterwards. Maybe.

Over the last 20 odd years I've accumulated 137 unfinished builds so I'm spoilt for choice.

I'll be starting off with a Revell 1/72 Arado 240 C-02 and an Airfix 1/72 Ju 87.

Edited by zero

Okay that seemed to scare people away :oops:

Here is the Walrus list of shame, in no particular order:

Airfix 1/72 Meteor F8

Italeri 1/72 Sea Harrier FRS1 Indian Navy

Airfix 1/72 Gazelle

Italeri 1/72 Sea Harrier FRS1 Falklands

Italeri F-104A Starfighter

Airfix 1/48 Corsair

Academy 1/72 A-10

Revell 1/72 Victor

Hasegawa 1/72 Hurricane I

Matchbox 1/72 Lysander

Revell 1/72 Hurricane IIb x2

Airfix 1/72 Fiat G50

Airfix Harrier 1/72 GR1

Esci 1/72 AV-8 Matatdor

Airfix 1/72 Draken

Airfix 1/600 HMS Daring

Airfix 1/600 HMS Victorious

Special Hobby 1/72 DH Hornet F1/3

Revell 1/72 Hunter F6

Matchbox 1/72 Fairey Seafox

Azur 1/72 Vultee

Airfix 1/72 Sea Typhoon FA1

JP Models 1/76 land Rover

currently on the bench so don't really count....YET!

Xtrakit 1/72 Scimitar

Revell 1/72 BAe Hawk

on top of which there are outstanding

Dwarves, Goblins, Elves, Space Marines

and Anima Tactics figures wot needs doin' along with much terrain.

I need not so much as a KUTA as a BITH! :suicide:

edit: I make that 12 outstanding from failed Group Builds out of a total 24 unfinished kits! :weep:

Edited by walrus

I'm in with a Eduard 1/48 P-400 Airacobra, which is at the decalling stage, just requiring a matt clear coat and detail assembly,

and then Revell's 1/200 Boeing 737 which has the main airframe assembled and primed.......

I feel an awful lot better about them, after seeing what some of us have unfinished!

Over the last 20 odd years I've accumulated 137 unfinished builds so I'm spoilt for choice.

I'll be starting off with a Revell 1/72 Arado 240 C-02 and an Airfix 1/72 Ju 87.

Tim,

lol, I think you should be taken outside and given a damned good thrashing!!! :banghead::bangin::mental::violin::fight::poke:

some people don't have a 137 kits in there stash let alone that unfinished. :D

Welcome aboard Tim, looks like you need a KUTA

Dave

A bit of a list to get going on, and a week off work next week... Now should it be.....

1/1 kitchen

1/35 Panther II, PanzerI, TigerI, SdKfz251

1/72 Lightning, Welington, He111, Spitfire, Jagdpanther

Mir, U47, Stratos...

One thing I must NOT do is "Start another one".

Oh dear, the list is too long to contemplate but one stands out above all the rest and that's my 1/48 Classic Airframes Canberra built as an RAAF Mk 20 during the Vietnam war.

Canberra_B20_2_Sqn_RAAF_over_Vietnam_1970.jpg

Edited by darson

Thank god I'm not alone...

But then came into my 'Man Cave' and started counting stuff up...I'm so ashamed

1/35

Dragon Sherman (Built, primered but trying to bend Photo etch sand skirts can be so depressing)

Academy M3 Stuart (Built, primered, paint ordered today for it)

Academy M-12 155mm, (built, primered awaiting paint)

Dragon Panzer 1 (built, primered, but still can't find a panzer grey I'm happy with, delaying the single link track build up as well)

Tamiya LVTP7A1 (Built, primered. Anybody got a good way of masking it to do the 3 colour scheme?)

Academy M2 Bradley (Built, painted just needs finished off but got bored after finding I'd painted full interior the wrong colour)

1/48

Academy F-16 (Decals, decals, decals)

Tamiya Rufe (built, primered but IJN grey or green, can't decide...)

Academy Mig 29 UB (Built up but panel gaps and fit is so depressing)

Tamiya Huckbein (cracked the canopy trying to be smart)

1/72

Revell ME P.1099B (bought on a whim, built up, primered, can't be bothered now)

Hasegawa Seahawk (sick of the sight of grey)

Fujima E-2C Hawkeye (Wants to be a tailsitter, Trying to find something heavy but small enough that fits the nose, Urainium anyone?)

So many to choose from!

Revell 1/48 C-47- painting stage

AMT 1/72 RC-135V- minor assembly

Revell 1/72 RB-36H- full rescribe, minor assembly

Minicraft 1/144 E-3 Sentry- primed

AMT 1/72 XB-70- painted, FUBAR'ed the paint

AMT 1/72 YB-49- painting done, needs decals

Revell 1/48 F-86D- decals going on

Revell 1/48 PBY-5A / wing assembled

Revell 1/25 Kenworth W900- major assembly done, body needs to be painted again

Trumpeter 1/72 Tu-160- minor assembly

AMT 1/72 B-52H- painted, needs glosscote

Roden 1/72 An-12 BK-PPS - major assembly done, needs primer

Italeri 1/24 LA Recovery Wrecker

Revell 1/48 B-24D- painted, needs glosscote

Revell/Monogram 1/48 B-58 Hustler- full rescribe in progress

Well, that just about covers it.

RYAN.

Only a few here - in order oldest to most recent:

Accurate Armour 1/35 Lynx AH - interior complete but stalled on the window glazing

Milicast 1/76 LCH - rigging and details to complete

Flightpath 1/32 Bloodhound missile - stalled trying to find some fine mesh for the grilles

Airfix 1/48 Harrier GR3 - trying to get some enthusiasm to rescribe - will probably ditch this one

Three active in progress:

Revell 1/48 CF-101B - primed up and ready to paint

Academy 1/48 F-86 Sabre - airframe complete but needs seams etc finishing off

Revell 1/48 H-19 - just started

Peter

Tomorrow is start day people. so on your marks.

I find it amazing that so many of you, have so many kits unfinished. Dispite having a few myself, I stopped all of them due to issues, and the RF-4B due to time and other comitments. (ie I still don't have a working car yet!) I personally find it very difficult to start another kit, before finishing one, but as you can see I have done just that recently. So if I can get all of my stalled projects finished I'll be a very happy bunny, my biggest problem is going to be painting as I currently don't have anyware warm enough to spray. so I may do paint work on the kitchen table on my days off (and the family are out) sure I will find some way around it!) at least the phantom is all black, at least.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hello together,

please count me in. I have too many kits, which wait for finish.

First I want finish the Me Bf 109 E-3; 1:72; ICM. and the Tiger I Ausf.H; 1:72; Revell

The Bf 109 is an oob-projekt, the Tiger got an JB barrel.

Both kits are 50% done.

First I will continue the Tiger.

I hope, this GB will help me to finish one kit more. :whip:

Regards

Dirk

Edited by Dirk60