Welcome to KUTA III

AnonymousDFB1

Well it's that time of year again. Xmas and New Years holidays coming up and time to retrieve those unfinished builds from the shelf of doom and, yes finish them this time.

For those new to BM KUTA is our annual Kick Up The bottom Group Build, time to extract the digit, receive a boot to the backside and finish something.

This year your Hosts are Dave (Zero to his mates and the carpet monster) and yours truly.

Two Rules for this GB

1) The model must be started

2) You must finish it (okay I'm joking you can save it for KUTA IV if you must) :)

Ladies Gentlemen and those of an alien parentage you ave been KUTAed, now get on with it.

Thanks Mish

Well peoples, join in, you know the rules, if it been sitting unfinished, heres your chance to get it done and add it to this years build tally.

KUTA III is much a return to modelling for me as well as just to get a kit finished, saidly Cars, DIY, Home Life re-mortgage, Etc, have all got in the way of model this year, but now there is there nothing more I can do! Cars broken need a new one, to cold for DIY, and the rest I can't change the outcome it all down to other people.

so I'm now really looking forward to returning to my modelling more than ever. I hope to get at least two builds finish.

Dave

This is always the opportunity I'm waiting for after already two years.

But I really don't know if I'll have time to produce something, even if i've plenty of candidate in my stash...

Will see.

All the best for the participating members.

But I really don't know if I'll have time to produce something, even if i've plenty of candidate in my stash...

Will see.

Just give it a go mate, I'm hoping to get completed something I listed to do in the last KUTA build. :gobsmacked::mental:

The Beauty of KUTA is anything is welcome, so long as you have stuck bits, and stalled your in, all welcome, cars, boats planes and trains. if it a kit you need to finish your in.

Looking forward to you joining us.

Dave

Will see.

Hi Antoine

This is the aim of this GB "to get time to produce something" and as currently the weather at Paris is cold and overcast you could make something !!!

Patrick

Luckily for me, not many G.B's appeal right now, so the KUTA is just what I need.

I have two Pacific War aircraft about 90% finished, a nice 1/72 Skyraider, my Mitsi F-1, an me-163 "diorama," sorry, that's THREE Pac War a/c, and a car amongst others readily accessible and hot to trot.

So I suppose I really ought to try and finish one of them eh.

Oh yeah, and then there's the Belgian Viper, and...

Edited by Mentalguru

I think my Wyvern's going to have to wait until KUTA IV, as I've got a couple of new builds that I have to start, and I'm going to be out of action for a week or more from Thursday, so watch out for some one-handed typing (in a non-disgusting way). ;)

Hi Antoine

This is the aim of this GB "to get time to produce something" and as currently the weather at Paris is cold and overcast you could make something !!!

Patrick

The problem is elsewhere, I can practice modelling only two week ends a month, when I'm in Brittany...

There are choices to be made, sometime.

I'd like to finish an Airbus A340 (Wiener Phil.) but I lost the cockpit windows and Revell doesn't have them anymore :(

Edited by zero

I'd like to finish an Airbus A340 (Wiener Phil.) but I lost the cockpit windows and Revell doesn't have them anymore :(

PVA glue or clearfix, will resolve it, it won't look as pretty but it will fill the gap better than nothing.

good luck

Dave

seems everyones off to a slow start (myself included) I'm posting from work at present, as not only has my car gone bang, but my computer has too. whilst not to much of a problem, I have my work laptop and other computers in the house to use, everything is connected to my main one, ie external drives, card reader, scanner, printer etc. so pictures are out for a while.

I'm still looking for a replacement car, so very little has got done this week since start day, Must try harder.

Dave

First one for me is the Tamiya F-16 radar killer. 98% finished- just a few final bits & bobs- will post when done.

After that, the Hasegawa Ta-154 that almost got finished for the Nightfighter G.B.

After that- hhmmmmmm- Probly the Dragon Me-163, or maybe the 1/72 AD-6, or just maybe the Eduard Hellcat (that I'm rather pleased with if I say so myself)

I think I will join with my 1/48 Pershing that I didn't manage to finish I the blitzbuild earlier this autumn. I have a "few" other projects as well, but most of them are either to messed up or too far from finished to consider right now.;)

on the bench for this KUTA are:

- Airfix 1:48 Red Arrows Hawk. Painted today, decals tomorrow, tiny bit of wasjandweathering andthen gloss clear coat. Very happy with the red paint.

- Revell 1:32 Hawker Hunter. Repaired all the bits that fell off over the years since I last worked on her. Cockpit is masked so she should be painted tomorrow or the coming week.

- Italeri 1:35 Sd.Kfz.234/1 w. 2 cm Kwk. Primed and first coat of paint are done. This will be part of a larger diorama so I might not get this ready for the KUTA since it has to be quite good and not just OK.

- Italeri 1:35 Sd.Kfz. 10/4 with FLAK 30. Main bits are built up. Needs primer, paint and lots of small fiddly bits painted. Might just be that this one will follow the 234 in not getting ready for the KUTA since it will also get on the diorama.

- Revell 1:32 Tupolev Tu-22B Blinder. Not strictly on the bench but on the shelf but is in box. It's basically painted (was the first plane I ever airbrushed so it's not very good but was cheap) but needs some things done to it that are not really visible right now on the count of it being in the box.

I'm quite confident that I can finish at least the Hawk, the Hunter and the Blinder since they are mostly done. We'll see what the near future brings. Photo's to follow soon!

Hello! :)

I'm back again! :)

I'm gonna try and finish the Spitfire MkI I started in the BoB GB, quite a while ago (the one before the anniversary).

A few deacls and final assembly is about whats left to do!

Cheers,

HÃ¥kan

I forgot to say I was joining the GB here, and just barged on in with a thread. where are my manners?

I'm gonna finish my Tamiya skyline race car, hopfully before the year is out :)

On 2nd thought, I'll add a Sherman in 1/48 that has been sitting on the unfinished shelf quite some time.

Cheers,

HÃ¥kan

Hi can I join with a Revell 1/96th Saturn V, its been about half built for well over a year and therefore probably has about 80% of the work left to go. At least KUTA might get me started on finishing a few more stages (although I think a repaint of what has been done may be the first order of the day) I'll start a thread over the weekend when I get a chance to take some pics.

Cheers

Graham

• 2 weeks later...