Fly Navy

The Velociweiler

Received mine today from Graham at Relish... WOW. Airfix really are stepping up their game at last. Panel lines are nice and fine, well detailed. The engineering of the kit looks superb. Only criticism is the sprue gates, particularly on the smaller details.. they are HUGE!, and the instructions need a fair bit of reading to get your head around the various flap up/down, wheels, hook, airbrake configurations.....

i have another two heading to the stash.. first model i've bought multiples of!!

Mine turned up this morning. (Yes, it is Sunday, Royal Mail were catching up with delayed deliveries!) i have to say I'm very impressed. It's a real step up for Airfix. Intake trunking, weighted and un-weighted wheels, a gorgeous decal sheet, and instructions with notes about a realistic configuration for the airbrake, wheel doors and flaps. I'm really looking forward to building this.

Edited by goon

Got mine today in post, got it from Airfix direct. Wow looks absolutely awesome in the short time it was in my grubby mits as missus now taken and hidden away from me for Christmas. Would possibly like to do an HMS Centaur bird will have to search out some decals.

All the best

Chris

Got mine today in post, got it from Airfix direct. Wow looks absolutely awesome in the short time it was in my grubby mits as missus now taken and hidden away from me for Christmas. Would possibly like to do an HMS Centaur bird will have to search out some decals.

All the best

Chris

Doubtless I'm wrong but memory is telling me that Centaur only operated FAW 1's.

Oh well, that's a shame, I have read your reviw at the start of the thread and seen that there is no option for the FAW 1 in the Kit, I have a small photo somewhere of my Dad's from his time on Centaur which shows one I think, taking off and thought it would be good to do one. Oh well, he will have to look at an Eagle one instead.

Thanks for the Info

All the best

Chris

Oh well, that's a shame, I have read your reviw at the start of the thread and seen that there is no option for the FAW 1 in the Kit, I have a small photo somewhere of my Dad's from his time on Centaur which shows one I think, taking off and thought it would be good to do one. Oh well, he will have to look at an Eagle one instead.

Thanks for the Info

All the best

Chris

Hi Chris, hope you are all well!! it is a shame that there is no provision for a Mk 1, but I reckon its do-able....Some sprue - plastic card and LOADS of milliput!!! We shall see!!!

Hi Bill

I am fine thanks, how tricks with you these days ? I do't know if I would want to cut this beautiful kit up, besides don't get that much modelling time at the Mo, what with shifts and kids etc (i am not complaining).

Thanks Ingo that is very interesting will have to keep an eye out for that one I expect it may be quite expensive though.

All the best

Chris

Okay, not to pi## in anyone's corn flakes here, but I'm happy that y'all have listed every retail outlet in the British Empire that stocks the kit. Now how about some in progress photos of the *model*!?!? Nobody on this side of the ditch has laid eyes on one yet! :)

Seriously though, has anyone tried fitting the wings in the unfolded position to see how the fit is going to be? Seems a shame to mess up that futuristic shape by folding them (nice as it was for Airfix to give us the choice).

And what if the RAF had picked the DH.110 over the Javelin? Anybody fancy a "what-if" RAF version? Might look kinda nifty. Or maybe a Sea Javelin, for that matter? :)

J

Edited by Jennings Heilig

Okay, not to pi## in anyone's corn flakes here, but I'm happy that y'all have listed every retail outlet in the British Empire that stocks the kit. Now how about some in progress photos of the *model*!?!? Nobody on this side of the ditch has laid eyes on one yet! :)

Seriously though, has anyone tried fitting the wings in the unfolded position to see how the fit is going to be? Seems a shame to mess up that futuristic shape by folding them (nice as it was for Airfix to give us the choice).

And what if the RAF had picked the DH.110 over the Javelin? Anybody fancy a "what-if" RAF version? Might look kinda nifty. Or maybe a Sea Javelin, for that matter? :)

J

I have one in progress. I will be having the wings unfolded. Ive test fitted them and the fit seems fine.

Mine arrived from Relish Models this morning, post seems to be getting back into gear. I was looking on Amazon last night and found Sea Vixen's on there, take a look at the one from Toy Chest. At least you get free shipping! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Airfix-A11002-Havi...0618&sr=1-7

Only got 4 left if you want one from them.

Edited by 593jones

I was looking on Amazon last night and found Sea Vixen's on there, take a look at the one from Toy Chest. At least you get free shipping!

Only got 4 left if you want one from them.

Maybe he's heard that production has been limited and is prepared for other sellers to run out of stock?