Tamiya F-16CJ in 1/48

Very nice paintjob and subtle weathering! Truely awesome finish!

Since I am no expert in Vipers I just ask aloud.. is the WW decal supposed to be a little off of horizontal? And the entire vertical tailplane also looks to be put on at the last moment so there's a slight gap.

Lovely clean and crisp ordnance by the way. All in all an excellent Viper!

Regards,

Sid

Very nice paintjob and subtle weathering! Truely awesome finish!

Since I am no expert in Vipers I just ask aloud.. is the WW decal supposed to be a little off of horizontal? And the entire vertical tailplane also looks to be put on at the last moment so there's a slight gap.

Lovely clean and crisp ordnance by the way. All in all an excellent Viper!

Regards,

Sid

you are absolutely right. WW decal should not have been off the horizontal. i realized this when the decal had already settled. :(

And the entire vertical tailplane also looks to be put on at the last moment so there's a slight gap.

that is because i have very little display space and for storage, i did not glue the tailplane in. This kit provides this option

spot on im about to start this kit, have you got a work in progress thread, or any tips?

Its all around the intake that you must be aware. otherwise the kit is just great. A lot of people would tell you of sink marks here or there. But that is not even an issue because most of the sink marks are invisible by the time those parts are put together. The part C9 has sink marks on one side (or both sides?) which i think you must fill in and sand. I did not do this time but in the next CJ kit, i m going to do that.

Around the intake.

1. When you are putting together parts H4 & H10, make sure they fit snugly in the space provided in lower section of the fuselage.

2. The parts H11 and H8 leave a gap in the fit which needs to be filled and sanded.

Hope this helps.

Edited by stalal

• 1 month later...

I am halfway through the same kit and if mine turns out anything like yours I will be happy. Loving the shading on the top. Was this done by spraying the same dark grey with a drop of white, in the centre of each panel?

Mish - from what I remember the it comes with two canopies, one tinted one not, but there is a massive seam down the middle. That seems to be the one fault with this kit. I have a micromesh kit so, I guess I have to sit down and work my way through the pads.

My problem is that I am scared of not doing the kit justice, so I have convinced myself to start 5 other kits with the intention of finishing them first to hone my skills lol

I think I am addicted to starting kits lol

I am halfway through the same kit and if mine turns out anything like yours I will be happy. Loving the shading on the top. Was this done by spraying the same dark grey with a drop of white, in the centre of each panel?

Mish - from what I remember the it comes with two canopies, one tinted one not, but there is a massive seam down the middle. That seems to be the one fault with this kit. I have a micromesh kit so, I guess I have to sit down and work my way through the pads.

My problem is that I am scared of not doing the kit justice, so I have convinced myself to start 5 other kits with the intention of finishing them first to hone my skills lol

I think I am addicted to starting kits lol

for the lighter shading on the top side, i have sprayed the same color as the weapons but at a very low pressure. Do it randomly to have a realistic effect.

i dont have the skills to remove that, unfortunately. but im going to start its 1/32 sibling and it has the same problem. So i guess i need to find first the confidence and then the skill to remove the seam.

• 5 months later...
i dont have the skills to remove that, unfortunately. but im going to start its 1/32 sibling and it has the same problem. So i guess i need to find first the confidence and then the skill to remove the seam.

Get down to the nearest Hennes & Mauritz, Boots or similar. Get a 4-part nail polishing stick. Start off with the second coarsest, move up to the finer bit when the seam is gone, finish off with vigorous rubbing with the rubbery-like bit. When done, dip in Klear or polish the canopy with some/any car polish. Crack open a Bud Lite (Sorry, I live in Houston) and pour it down your throat while admiring your work.

K

Have been able to remove the seam line on the 32 scale F16. Used nail filer, sanding papers and Tamiya fine polishing agent.

That was easy! :)

Edited by stalal