V Force GB Vulcan, Valiant & Victor

Mark M

Hi

I've never participated in a GB before so a tad nervous but what the heck - could I try a pathetic effort with an early Victor conversion using the Flightpath set? At least it will add a touch of levity if nothing else !!!!

JohnT

PS I might try and follow the experten with a Vulcan and Valiant in white as I have the kits and decals and am quite happy to steal good ideas from anyone. It would be great if the guys who really know whats what could do a sort of masterclass for us apprentices - please?

Hi

I've never participated in a GB before so a tad nervous but what the heck - could I try a pathetic effort with an early Victor conversion using the Flightpath set? At least it will add a touch of levity if nothing else !!!!

JohnT

PS I might try and follow the experten with a Vulcan and Valiant in white as I have the kits and decals and am quite happy to steal good ideas from anyone. It would be great if the guys who really know whats what could do a sort of masterclass for us apprentices - please?

you are more than welcome!

Edited by markmarples

well im glad this is going well im very happy to enter and co host even though i dont know much about the group builds and still new to the forum, im not sure which vulcan to do yet. i may do a silver b1

or early b2 xh533 with b1 tail cone and intakes. as imentioned esle were ive already made 11 soon to be 12 and still not posted photos, all mine are wheels up jobs with fidley bits left off due to living area and moving soon.

however for this i will take the plunge and do vulcan victor or and sod it ill do the 3 maybe valiant. with wheels down and do the best job i can.

ive never rescribed though,

should i post a photo of my so far vulcan collection to get people in the mood for v force GB. wow excited already.

well im glad this is going well im very happy to enter and co host even though i dont know much about the group builds and still new to the forum, im not sure which vulcan to do yet. i may do a silver b1

or early b2 xh533 with b1 tail cone and intakes. as imentioned esle were ive already made 11 soon to be 12 and still not posted photos, all mine are wheels up jobs with fidley bits left off due to living area and moving soon.

however for this i will take the plunge and do vulcan victor or and sod it ill do the 3 maybe valiant. with wheels down and do the best job i can.

ive never rescribed though,

should i post a photo of my so far vulcan collection to get people in the mood for v force GB. wow excited already.

a bit of motivation cant hurt

we are up to 11 now so only 4 more needed!!! im looking to do a diorama like this of this one

piccy at the top

http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/aircraft_list.html

I'll be number 12 if I can find a sensibly priced Vulcan in 1/144 (haven't got room for 1/72). I was already hunting for one as part of my 617 Sqd project (already lined up a Lanc and Tornado as part of the bomber GB).

Brian

welcome ?welsh models

fair point when we get enough members we will ask

ive built alot of them this year not major fit troubles. that i have encounterd. i know the air intakes are not brill but they aint bad.

as for the wings there not a problem if you prep them th right way.

remember this is an old kit so...

this works for me

take each wing half and take plasic away from the edges of the mating surface to body sides on were the wing halfs join.

do the same with the the mating surface for the wings on the body halfs. this should stop the nasty gap betwean body and wing as it will sit flat were it should.

if you dont do this you end up with a wing that tilts up leaving gap on bottom and wrong wing angle.

or wing that hangs down and gap on the top.

you also get a stronger plane.

another tip is to fit the tail cone before the tail plane. this gives a better fit all around.

obviously you will need some filler.

but using this method the main parts to worry about are the intakes.

a bit of motivation cant hurt

we are up to 11 now so only 4 more needed!!! im looking to do a diorama like this of this one

piccy at the top

http://www.newarkairmuseum.org/aircraft_list.html

ok ill post some photos soon as i get chance probably be tomoro now though im knackerd.

OK, you got me! I'm in, don't know what with yet, may do a Valiant whif (nothing exotic, just a colour scheme)

based on not having metal fatigue in the airframe, so staying in service (a lot) longer.

:coat:

Well no firm promise yet .... it depends if I'm allowed in with two started Vulcans that I've had here 6 months without a stroke of work.

A Vulcan B.1 and a B.2, probably both anti-flash white, but some B.1's were made with the High Speed silver finish which an old RAF guy told me was 50% silver paint and 50% clear dope mix, and that's why it went mattish grey quite quickly ... paint technology not up to service conditions !!

I will NOT be starting another although there is another kit unopened in the loft.

'V'

Well no firm promise yet .... it depends if I'm allowed in with two started Vulcans that I've had here 6 months without a stroke of work.

A Vulcan B.1 and a B.2, probably both anti-flash white, but some B.1's were made with the High Speed silver finish which an old RAF guy told me was 50% silver paint and 50% clear dope mix, and that's why it went mattish grey quite quickly ... paint technology not up to service conditions !!

I will NOT be starting another although there is another kit unopened in the loft.

'V'

as said it will be a while before this happens but you are welcome to join, we havent decided on the rules i.e. % of builds yet but its normall around 20% complete

well thats the 15!!! welldone but the V Force still needs you!!!!!!!

MISH are we in?

3 hosts

Me, F11fan, and RobVulcan

This was from a couple of days ago :) I put in an earlier post as well-owing to the nature of some of the kits of these aircraft, is there any chance we could have longer than the standard 3 months, or is there not enough time? I don't want to sound cheeky, just want the maximum number of entrants! :D

Well, I've got both a Vulcan and a Victor sitting in my spare room, and by then I'll probably have a Valiant too (assuming it gets released by airfix). So, as long as my first group build attempt goes okay (Bomber GB) then I'm in.

This was from a couple of days ago :) I put in an earlier post as well-owing to the nature of some of the kits of these aircraft, is there any chance we could have longer than the standard 3 months, or is there not enough time? I don't want to sound cheeky, just want the maximum number of entrants! :D

Sounds good to me, I'll look at the length at the same time as the date. In the meantime I'll close this thread and start a new one in Future GBs HERE