Trumpeter 1/32 A-7D

Greg B

I'm working on this at the moment. Accessories used will be the Aires Pit and Undercarriage Bays, the Eduard Seat and Weapons set and the Zacto sets.

I have still got to gloss varnish, wash and then matt varnish the cockpit to bring the details out further:

5183857411_179d7a5039_b.jpg

5184456424_279dc2bab7_b.jpg

5183857635_e09fcdf8bd_b.jpg

5184456180_9a6fe0871d_b.jpg

• 1 month later...

A small update, pit has been washed, weathered and flat coated, likewise the seats. The airframe has been prepped for the undercarriage inserts and the gun. The white metal undercarriage has also been cleaned up and the wings assembled as spread. This took a bit of fettling and reinforcing with plasticard as they are designed to be assembled as folded.

_MG_2242.jpg

_MG_2244.jpg

_MG_2249.jpg

_MG_2253.jpg

_MG_2254.jpg

_MG_2259.jpg

_MG_2301.jpg

_MG_2304.jpg

_MG_2307.jpg

Lovely work Greg, that office looks the dogs doodahs :worthy: Do you only work in 32nd?

Hope all is well playin in the jungle :yahoo:

Bexy

Thats the undercarriage bays glossed, washed and flat coated. The Hydraulic Rams were covered in some sticky backed Aluminium foil that I have a roll of. Hope you like it:

_MG_2349.jpg

_MG_2353.jpg

_MG_2357.jpg

Next on the list is installing the pit, bays and Zactomodels intake into the fuselage and closing it all up. :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the nice comments so far Gents. :grouphug:

Next job was to install the pits, wheel bays and intake. This was not without a couple of fit issues. More to do with the amount of Resin that has to be put in and I managed to clamp one of the wheel wells in with just a bit too much pressure. When the epoxy set, it had also locked in place a bit of the fuselage leaving a gap.

Anyway, all gaps have been filled with Tamiya Polyester Putty. This is a two part putty that starts to go off in about 10 minutes, so its fine to mix a small batch and get it on the plastic. I like this because:

1. It doesn't melt the plastic or paint.

2. Its a nice bright yellow colour, making it easy to see where you have put it and easy to see when sanding etc.

3. It dries very nearly as hard as the plastic with no shrinkage or pitting and it can be sanded easily, scribed and carved/cut with a scalpel.

4. It doesn't want to lift so it can be put on thinly.

Anyway, as pictures show the real info:

a75.jpg

a74.jpg

a78.jpg

a79.jpg

a710.jpg

a713.jpg

a71.jpg

a711.jpg

a712.jpg

a72.jpg

Thats it for a while, its all been packed very carefully away together with the rest of my stash and tools ready for a move back to Europe. Might see it again in about 2 months!