1/48th Canberra....

Very Nice. :winkgrin:

Were did you get the markings from, the kit?

I've got the CA Canberra TT18 and don't really want to make a 7 Sqn Canberra.

I'm surprissed the Model Alliance never inclued, any 100 Sqn markings on their decal sheets?. :huh:

Shaun.

Xtradecal do a few Canberra sheets, one of which is 100 sqdn but from and era gone. Some work would still need to be done to represent the 80's markings

Very Nice. :winkgrin:

Were did you get the markings from, the kit?

I've got the CA Canberra TT18 and don't really want to make a 7 Sqn Canberra.

I'm surprissed the Model Alliance never inclued, any 100 Sqn markings on their decal sheets?. :huh:

Shaun.

Thanks Shaun, The markings came from various sources, The upper wing roundels were from the Echelon 1/32nd scale Lightning, the 100 Sqn tail flash was a triangle of yellow decal with small blue squares added. It took ages! The skull and crossbones was hand painted onto a grey disc. Serials and codes were from generic Modeldecal/Xtradecal sets.....

Managed a few more pic's tonight.....just in case you doubted how big a 1/48th Canberra actually is....

100_6245.jpg

And a selection where I've attempted to show som eof the detailled engineering that Aeroclub put into this kit...

100_6247.jpg

100_6250.jpg

100_6258.jpg

Port & Starboard!!

100_6261.jpg

100_6259.jpg

The old girl is sadly showing signs of wear & tear!!!

Bill, that is the most awesome Canberra I've seen to date, along with Ted's. Dare I say it's not only ready for inspection; it's ready to fly mate.

I thought you blokes were a good lot, Not true. I'll explain. 'Ow can you claim to be nice, when you keep showing such beautiful kits, and me and me girlfriend Rolanda (she's me Wheelchair) sit here day after bleedin day idle, wi nary a jar of paint, airbrush, or bloody nuffin to do a kit with :pray::S . Not fair, I tell ya , not fair, and If you stop showing them and giving me nothing to inspire me when I do get me gear it will be worse. Never mind me. I just like yanking chains, rattling cages and the like. I don't think I'll ever build a Canberra in its original configuration, bloody 'merican pride :D , I'll just do a B-57 :whistle: .

A question, did the Canberra in this config. have a 1 or 2 man crew. Ours had a two man crew in tandem, and that bloody back office was cramped, speaking from experience.

TTFN

Edited by Angels49

A question, did the Canberra in this config. have a 1 or 2 man crew. Ours had a two man crew in tandem, and that bloody back office was cramped, speaking from experience.

TTFN

As a generalisation, most Brit 'goldfish bowl' Canberras had 3 man crews - pilot to the front left & 2 side by side behind him - in the 'solid' part of the fuselage, not under the 'bowl'. As I say, that's a generalisation - there were differences such as the T4...

Keef