EE Lightning T4 training bands

Bill Neill

Looking for photos or diagrams that show the yellow wing bands on the Lightning T4

Fuselage one I got pictures but can't find a usable topside or bottom view for the wings.

Anybody help?

Thanks

Bill

Looking for photos or diagrams that show the yellow wing bands on the Lightning T4

Fuselage one I got pictures but can't find a usable topside or bottom view for the wings.

Anybody help?

Thanks

Bill

I think Bill Clark once posted a lot of detials on the lightning training strips, not sure where /when but it was some times ago. Sure he will be along soon and re-quote his wealth of knowledge on the lightning.

I'll see if i can find it in the meantime,

Dave

Sadly can't find it, I know he gave the dimension in one post with some very detialed info regarding placement, sure it was 2 ft wide on the stripes (but don't quote me)

Edited by zero

I think Bill Clark once posted a lot of detials on the lightning training strips, not sure where /when but it was some times ago. Sure he will be along soon and re-quote his wealth of knowledge on the lightning.

I'll see if i can find it in the meantime,

Dave

Sadly can't find it, I know he gave the dimension in one post with some very detialed info regarding placement, sure it was 2 ft wide on the stripes (but don't quote me)

I thought it was on BM somewhere as well but I could not find it

Should have saved it....

I am especially looking for how the underwing bands relate to the u/c doors because of the way the Lightning doors hang pictures of the 'outside' of the doors are hard to find.

Going to do the 74 Squadron black spine one I know it's been done and surely better than how this one will play but I seem to have got myself into a 74 Tiger theme the Aeroclub Gauntlet in full tigger, F4J with the Yellowhammer decals, BaE Hawk overall black with the big tiger head on the tail, and a WIF Typhoon black spine tiger head on tail.

If I don't screw this one too bad may line them up and post them

Bill

Bill,

The bands were 24" wide and did not cover the flaps. As for their position I hope these shots of my STILL unfinished T4 help.

HTH,

Ian

yeh I remember it right, I was sure 2 feet was the size quoted and 24 inches is near enough for me. LOL

I noticed when looking at reference photos the yellow fuselage band was exactly the same width as the airbrake doors so I used that dimension

PA053784.jpg

. . . Kes

Well spotted mate, and a lovely build also.

Dave

Anybody help?

Thanks

Bill

Thanks for the help guys

This is what they look like as of tonight

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb157/n...ll/DSC01960.jpg

I went with painting the bands first as this is a new paint combo for me I would normally use Tamiya white primer as a base but I'm out so this is regular hardware store white primer Tamiya Chrome Yellow over.

Easier to strip at this stage if I mess up.

Going to let it cure for a couple days then try a masking test if thats ok then mask the bands Tamiya NATO black for the spine mask that then MM gloss black overall then Alclad

Bill