Tiger Meet GB, anyone?

Fifer54

Welcome, Basosz. Glad to have you aboard- with any of those models...

I think I'll do an old Puma in Tiger Meet scheme, not the 2005 sure there's another one kicking about that I saw in one of my many books....I'll likely need to bother Parkes models for the special tiger decals unless they are commercially available.

How did I miss your post, RAF Colonel? Welcome aboard!

Guess what I did today ?? :P

let me see...

Did you possibly give in to temptation, and get Revell's 1:72 Belgian F-16 MLU Tigermeet...?

Or was it something else?

I'll get me :coat:

let me see...

Did you possibly give in to temptation, and get Revell's 1:72 Belgian F-16 MLU Tigermeet...?

Or was it something else?

I'll get me :coat:

I just couldn't help myself... it's such a good looking kit with such a good price and such an extremely interesting decal sheet that I just had to get it :)

• 8 months later...
as im in the RAF ive seen a couple of tiger meets, but when i was on 230 sqn in northern ireland this scheme was dreamt up by a techie and applied to the cab. Only downside is that we had the clean the bugger a bit to keep it clean

anyway here you go, cant find my pics there on an external drive but heres the airliner.net one, ill try and post mine later

0897108.jpg

I've got 3 of these in 1/144 from Revell - messed one up big style on the decals. Replaced it then found another for 99p on eBay. So would love to join the groupbuild.

Also have a few other tiger meet from Revell in 144 & 72

• 4 weeks later...

Been planning to do the Marivox Saab 105 in the Swiss Tiger Meet scheme for some time, so this will be impetus to get going with it, also have a Rafale in 1/72 with two or three different schemes.

Add me in with the above! Also any idea when to start & when it will run till?

Martin

Hi Guys, I am new to Britmodeller, and have returned to modelling from a long time in exile (kids are apparently more important than kits), and am a bit interested in this idea. However, can someone please let me know what the rules of a GB are? Tiger meet sounds like a bit of fun.

No rules have been set for this proposed GB, they won't be formalised till we have thirty members interested in taking part and it is assigned a date.

Normally a GB will run over three months and there will be a criteria. In this case probably any aircraft as long as it took part in a Tiger Meet.

Entrants will be expected to start within the period of the GB and if possible finish their build with the same time frame, A running thread showing progress of your build will be posted and then final photos of your build. All finished builds are then normally voted on and sometimes the winners may be awarded prizes if any have been donated.

I hope that sums it up in a nutshell.

Yep, me too! Tamiya 1/32nd F-4J Phantom in the stash with 74Sqn RAF decals. Anyone else thinking of doing this subject? If so how about a F-4J(UK) line up at a show in future with the tails reading T-I-G-E-R-S-Q-N how cool would that be in 1/32nd??!! :D

Edited by Busdriver

• 4 months later...

OK, this proposal has been in GB Chat since November 2010, no-one has posted in the thread since January this year, and we're

still a few modellers short of a GB(!).

Posting this will bump the thread to the top, and maybe, just maybe we'll get those last few entrants to make it a goer. I'm surprised

that the numbers needed for a quorum haven't materialised, Tiger squadrons and Tiger meets have a BIG fanbase, and we were

including any sort of non-aviation-related Tigers as well.

A last push then, and if the GB doesn't happen, can I refer those interested parties whose contribution to the GB would have been some

equipment named "Tiger" (Grumman Tiger/Tigercat, PzKW.VI Tiger tank, Sunbeam Tiger, HMS Tiger, etc) to the "Splendid Cats" GB on this

very web forum . . .

Interested so far are:

1. MadNursegaz

2. Paul

3. TOM4ever

4. techniquest

5. Bandwagon106

6. Deon

7. Gajman

8. ollieholmes

9. busdriver

10. worm

11. Julien

12. grufsnik

13. kev1n

14. Alpha Delta 210

15. RAF Colonel

16. Basosz

17. per ardua ad ostentationem

18. Mungo1974

19. andersonr20

20. Adam Maas

21. George Norman

22. jasman71

23. Lightningboy2000

24. SaintsPhil

25. depressed lemur

Come on, guys! Go for it!

It might be wise to check how many people on that list are still active members because I can see one name there that is no longer a member.

You're right, Mish, on checking that list against the BM members' list, there are 4 names that either don't have an entry in the BM members list

or haven't posted in the last three months . . .

So that's 21, and with wosipunk and Parabat added, 23.

If it's taken 19 months to gather 23 names, I can't see the other 7 coming up anytime soon.

Also, now that I'm working (feels SOOOO good to type that!), and due to SWMBO's health issues, I'm not really in a position to host this GB

if I'm honest with myself, even if it does happen.

Edited by MadNurseGaz